Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Captify menu - Question

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,

i have a site that uses Elevate2. On the first page there is only a 5 sections CaptifyMenu. I am trying to do the following:
when click on an image(section) at the captify menu, i want to go to a page where the captify menu will not exists and a typical top menu instead will take place with menu items of my choice, as also an article in the main body (not necessary).....

I tried to create:
Article tha points to Section_A
New menu item with Section_A layout
...But then i'm stuck, and it seems that what im doing is irrelevant

Thank you
  • Penny
  • Previous Member
  • 3 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Penny,

Im not absolutely certain what you mean here :)

Things to check are that the captifycontent module is only assigned to the page/menu item you want it to appear on. Secondly that you have a menu item created but not necessarily published that points to the article/category/section you are point to with the module.

Hope that helps.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hello,

sorry for my english, what i mean is:
Lets say we have a captifyMenu on some page, with five selections...
I would like to click on a selection and be transfered to a page without the captifyMenu included, but ex with a real left side or top side menu and some article on the main space...

Namely, i would like to use the captifyMenu just i would use the top menu, or some similar functionality...

Is it possible to do what i described above? If yes, i tried to do so, but i couldn't figure it out until now...

Thank you again :-)
  • Penny
  • Previous Member
  • 3 posts
Hi Penny,

Yes Im fairly certain I know what you mean ...

1. First page has captify content but no side menu.
2. Click on a section image and get taken to the section with a side menu but without captify content.

Is that right?

If so its basically all down to the menu assignments.

1. On the first page's menu item make sure the sidebar is unassigned and the captifycontent is.
2. On the link to the section or category do the opposite and make sure the captifycontent is not assigned and the side menu is.

Hope I have understood correctly.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers