Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Help with JB Sketch

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am using the JB Sketch template and for some reason everything is fine on the front page but the template does show up on any other pages. Not sure why I didn't change anything! The website is www.doreendejesus.com

Any help would be appreciated.

Doreen
  • Doreen DeJesus
  • Previous Member
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Dear Doreen,

It looks as if you fixed the problem you were having. When I checked you site earlier I could see the problems when I clicked through your menus. In FF no layout issues but in IE6 there are some real formatting issues. Everything is being pushed to the left! Please let us know if your original problem is still on your end and I'll pass back some screen snaps.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
I fixed it by turning off the SEF which is not what I wanted to do. I looked at the site in ie7 and it looks okay. Are you saying in ie6 it looks bad?

Is there a way to run the template with SEF running? Please advise.

Thanks for your help.
  • Doreen DeJesus
  • Previous Member
  • 4 posts
One other thing. I have done this before and keep seem to find it now but how do I delete the Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License at the bottom of the page. I have looked in every conceivable file and can't find it.
  • Doreen DeJesus
  • Previous Member
  • 4 posts
Hi Doreen,

In your Joomla SEO settings, do you have
'use Apache mod_rewrite' set to 'yes' ?

If so you need to ensure that in your folder where Joomla is installed, you rename the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess

Let us know how that works for you.

In order to remove the Joomla is .... blurb at the bottom,

you will need to edit the template file index.php
and look towards the bottom for a div with the id of footer.

If not here, then use the module manager to find any custom modules in the locations
copyright or footer and see if you find it there.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Doreen,

It looks as if you installed the Sketch template onto an existing Joomla install. This is why you are getting the Joomla blurb at the bottom. To fix this go to your module manager and unpublish the Footer module (it should be calling up the Joomla default, mod_footer). Now create a 'New' module and select 'Custom HTML'. Don't show Title, enable and type in whatever information you want to show in the footer position from your text editor and save.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Doreen,

Here is how your site looks from IE6,

I have somewhat the same problem on the site I'm working on for myself using this template so maybe some real smart folk can set us on the 'right' path!

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Hi Doreen and Ed,

Just wanted to check in on this thread to see if you have the sef urls sorted. The template will work with SEF turned on ...

In terms of the contact form getting skewed there is an odd thing happening on the demo site but its a different issue. It looks like a div has been closed to early so Ill add this for the todo work for tomorrow and get an update and fix for you.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi:

Has a fix been done for the JB Sketch module? Now it isn't even showing in ie. I really like this template as it is simple for a bio website. Please let me know.
  • Doreen DeJesus
  • Previous Member
  • 4 posts
Hi Doreen,

I uploaded a fix a few days or more ago. If you submit a support ticket Ill update the template for you. Ill need ftp login details to do this.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers