Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Elevate - Preview is fine, but ...

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

All,

I'm using Elevate and it is great. I have an image that shows up fine when I preview it, but it does not show up when I look at the Home page and refresh it. It's like it is not there at all.

Suggestions?
  • Raymond R. Humphrys
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 171 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Ray,

There are two versions of the front page layout for elevate. The standard version is the one you see on the demo page where the first image in the content item is grabbed and setup in a layout that is different to the layout you have in the content item. All other images are stripped from the layout.

In the download area you will find a file that removes the layout and does not strip the images from the content item. That file needs to be placed in the template folder in html/com_content/com_frontpage ...

Hope thta helps.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
hmmm...

If you take a look at www.elkrab.net there is picture that I have embedded before the second bullet point. It's in the Preview but obviously not on the Home page. Is this what you are talking about, or do I have a different problem related to bullets ?
  • Raymond R. Humphrys
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 171 posts
No thats what I mean - the file is stripping the images. If you want to display more than one image you will need to change the file as per the above post.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Slightly confused.

There is one PHP item in the zip file. Do I unzip this thing and drop the file in the designated dir? Is this going to mess up my site? Should I back everything up first? I have no idea what is going to happen so I'm a little hesitant.
  • Raymond R. Humphrys
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 171 posts
Ok I guess its always good practice to make a backup of the files you are replacing anyway so in this case you could just duplicate the elevate template folder to be safe.

The change is to replace the following file ... html/com_content/com_frontpage/default_item.php.

If you havent made any changes to this file then its ok to just replace with the file in the zip.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers