Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

transparent PNG background not working in IE6

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am using the Scroller template with Joomla 1.5. I noticed that iepngfix.htc is used to fix PNG tranparency in IE 6, but apperently this does not apply to background images. The class ".moduletable-light_overlay" has a transparent background image but shows up white in IE6. Is there a fix for this? Thanks for letting me know, Peter.
  • Peter van Akkeren
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 15 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
There's a thread a little ways down in here http://www.joomlabamboo.com/forum/elevate/6829-installed-just-now-and-it-looks-bad-in-ie6that may help. It had info on a png fix for ie6 which worked for me. Maybe it will help you.

Cheers.
  • Shawn
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Thanks Shawn but it doesn't seem to work. This script fixes the normal images fine but the background stays solid.
Update: hey Shawn, your solution does work after all. I had to remove the !important CSS property from the background settings of the class. Apparently this property causes IE6 to ignore the background settings and thus the png image. Now with this script from http://www.dillerdesign.com/experiment/DD_belatedPNG/, my semi-transparent backgrounds work fine in all browsers. Advantage of this script vs. iepngfix.htc: it supports the background-repeat tag and it does not break mouse-overs and links.
  • Peter van Akkeren
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 15 posts
Hey,

here is a really really good PNG-fix as Plugin. Its the only one, who worked for me at all (except the dd-one, but this is much more hassle-free).

Have a look: tinyurl.com/c5cpjk
  • Ernte 23
  • Previous Member
  • 76 posts
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
-->

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers