Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Bliss missing banner background image in IE

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Anthony,

I just installed the [REVISED] Bliss quickstart package on my local server and TA-DA... everything is 100% perfect (screen dump below). The layout, PNGfix and formatting is knock-down perfect within IE6, FF & Safari. Outstanding job... I do hope Jennifer is still following this post. Her use of the Bliss template was spot on and well crafted.
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Great news thanks Ed :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
FOLLOW-UP:

With the revised Bliss template the JFlicker module is not formatting correctly nor are the images active (screen dump below). The formatting is perfect in FF, Safari & Chrome as well as the images being active...

IE6 Screen Dump
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Anthony,
That's the great the Quickstart package has been revised and now working as should be (despite the flickr part - I'm not using that anyway so am happy to ignore that for now).

My question is: Do I need to reinstall the entire quickstart package and start again on my website? or can I simply uninstall the Bliss template and reinstall the updated Bliss template file again (assuming that is updated too), and then simply make my few CSS changes?

Can you please advise? Obviously doing the quickstart package again from the start is going to take more time but of course I will do that if that's what is required to ensure it all works well.

Thanks again for making this all work.

Regards,
Jen
  • Jennifer Gregory
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 65 posts
Jennifer,

Both the quickstart template and the stand-alone version are new up-dates. I would first start with the stand-alone un-install/re-install first and see if this cleans-up your specific site. If the outcome is not 100% then think about a complete quickstart install. Before doing this, get in touch with JoomlaBamboo and see if they want to fix it via an admin login and FTP access. On my end both the quickstart was a major improvement on my local server and the stand-alone re-install cleaned up another site I'm using Bliss on.

Oh... by the way, your site build with the Bliss template is outstanding. Wonderful use of a great template and content/subject.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Jennifer,

Something you might want to consider doing is rename your existing Bliss template install THEN install the new up-dated stand-alone Bliss release. I just did this with the Sketch up-date and it saved a ton of time...

1. Put your Joomla site off-line.
2. Set your default template to 'rhuk_milkyway'
3. With your FTP client software, rename your current Bliss template folder to, 'jbblissj1.5_OLD'
4. Double click onto this renamed folder and edit the file called, 'templateDetails.xml'
5. Change the <name> to 'jbblissj1.5_OLD' and remote save this file
6. Now go back to your Joomla admin's template manager and you should see your old Bliss template now called, 'jbblissj1.5_OLD'. If not, refresh this page.
7. At this point you can set 'jbblissj1.5_OLD' as your default template and put Joomla back 0n-line.
8. Now, install the up-dated Bliss stand-alone template as a new installation.

With this completed you'll be able to copy/paste your adjusted CSS code from the old to the new. In addition, from your servers cPanel you'll be able to copy all of our personal images/graphics from the old template folder over to the new folders. This is a much faster and safer transfer then FTP.

As I mentioned, I just did this with the revised Sketch template without any problems or extended down-time. Once you have made all of your adjustments to the up-dated Bliss template, just set it as your default template.

Hope this helps you out...
Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Hi Ed and Anthony,
Just a quick note to say I have updated the template and it is now working fine in IE6 and IE7 and of course in FF and Safari too.
Thank you again for looking into this matter and getting it fixed.
Anthony, your suggestion to change the name of the old template and add the new one in was fantastic and saved a lot of time. I actually manually FTPed the template files across as opposed to installing them via the Joomla installer as for some reason that wouldn't work on the localhost. So I did the same on the live site.
Best regards,
Jen
;)
  • Jennifer Gregory
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 65 posts
Awesome thanks Jen :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers