Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Where's the content

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I just installed the Scroller template for Joomla 1.5 using the quickstart package. I also installed the example content, but I can't discover where/how to edit it.
I can see 1 published article called 'Scoller' in the 'news' section, but I don't see where the contents for the 'features', 'styles', 'background' etc. example panels are. Also, I don't see where the top menu is coming from, apparently it's not generated from the main menu or the other menu.
Can you point me tosome tutorial for this? Thanks!
  • Peter van Akkeren
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 15 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Peter,

That content is coming from custom html modules published to user1 etc modules.

Here is a sticky from the forum about setting Scroller up:
www.joomlabamboo.com/forum/scroller/957-setting-up-the-scroller-template

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi, thanks for the help. Now know how the content placement works, I installed the Joomla module 'Content Item' (mod_placehere) to help content management.
This plugin 'reads' an article, category or section by ID and puts it in any module position. It makes it a lot easier for authors to understand how/where to edit the content. You can just write articles the normal way, put them in a category and then they automatically appear in the right module position.

You can download the plugin here: http://diebesteallerzeiten.de/blog/category/uncategorized/

Use:
  • install & enable the module
  • assign a content category and module position
  • copy the module for each module position (e.g. user1, user2, advert1, etc.)
  • Peter van Akkeren
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 15 posts
Thanks for the tip Peter - Ill check it out.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers