Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Simple shop VM template

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,

I was just wondering if i can use the simple shop virtuemart template on a site that already has another template (it is not a bamboo template)

I just want to make the virtuemart section a whole lot nicer.

I have installed the simple shop virtuemart template and activated simple shop in the configuration settings. but nothing seems to change?

any advice?
  • cristal
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Cristal - yes that will work although you may like to use the Top Shop template for VM.

When you say you activated it do you mean you did that in the VM config and then apply the themes to the categories in the category admin?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Do i need to upload the JB_TopShop_Source_Files.zip somewhere?

i have uploaded the JB_Top_Shop_VM_Theme.zip into themes.but it doesnt seem to be working properly?

Thanks
  • cristal
  • Previous Member
  • 17 posts
Hi Cristal,

Yes you need to upload the topshop folder to components/com_virtuemart/themes ...

So the theme files should be within the components/com_virtuemart/themes/topshop folder and then it will appear in the Virtuemart administrator.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers