Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

published module doesn't show up on nimbus

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Anthony,

Hope you are doing good! I've tried to publish a module on the user4 position instead of the slider and it just doesn't seem to show up. All other slider positions are unpublished. Funnily though, when I put in ths ?tp=1 to show the module positions, I can see the published module.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm running it on a local server on a mac.

Many thanks,
J
  • JV
  • Free Extensions
  • 31 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jayant,

Seems I got my logic wrong - Ive just updated the J1.5 template to v1.0.1. Its the Vars.php file thats been updated so you just need to replace that file.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Sorry about this but I've just downloaded the package again and replaced the vars.php file, still no joy.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Jayant
  • JV
  • Free Extensions
  • 31 posts
Does the vars file have this at the top:

if (($this->countModules( 'slide1' )) && ($this->countModules( 'user4' ))) { $slide_pub = 'noslide';}
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
It didn't. I replaced it with that line and it's showing up now. Do I need to change anything else?

Many thanks,
Jayant
  • JV
  • Free Extensions
  • 31 posts
Just some css styling to shift the module off the edge. Was the package entitled v1.01? Docman is saying thats the current version but I wonder if it was cached so you donwloaded the old one ...
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
It just says J1.5, so I must have downloaded the old version. If you could paste the css I need to change here, it would be terrific.

Thanks a lot for your help. Have a happy christmas and new year!

Jayant
  • JV
  • Free Extensions
  • 31 posts
Sure thing:

#user4 {margin-left: 20px;width: 96%;}

You also need to add <div id="user4"> and a closing div at line 183 so it should look like this:

<div id="user4"><jdoc:include type="modules" name="user4" style="xhtml" /></div>
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks for that! Just a quick question. When I publish a slide show on user4, I seem to loose the top left hand curve, it's like the slide show is rectangular. Also I had to use the left-margin: 0px so I wouldn't get the blank space on the left. How can I send the slide show module back so I can see the top left hand curve of the template.

Many thanks in advance,
Jayant
  • JV
  • Free Extensions
  • 31 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers