Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

vision 2.0

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Anthony,

I am using the first vision template on our domain www.advalbo.com we want to change it to your new vision template, just install it and reposition the modules ? Or is there some kind of update ?

Thanks,

Bert Bouwer.
  • Bert
  • Free Extensions
  • 16 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Bert,

There is no direct upgrade path or script. While the template has been re-written it uses similar module positioning as to the original Vision. Best bet would be to compare the module positions for both templates on the demo site. Here is the link:

Vision 1.0 showcase.joomlabamboo.com/vision/images/stories/module_positions.jpg
Vision 2.0: showcase.joomlabamboo.com/vision2//images/stories/Vision2_modules.jpg
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your answer, i will re-position my modules when i activate Vision2, in the slider i still see the old images, not the new ones, are they not included in the template file ?

Thank you for your effort and time,

Bert.
  • Bert
  • Free Extensions
  • 16 posts
Hi Bert,

They are actually stock images that I cant redistribute with the package. They are from istockphoto and cost a $3 each from memory. The images are in the images/stories directory.

Lightning: www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/concepts-and-ideas/success/5438524-lightning-strike-road.php?id=5438524
Girl Praying: www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup.php?id=000005877954

You can grab the trees image from the quickstart package or directly from the demo site.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

I want to make the width of the main menu module smaller but couldn't find how, do i need to hack one of the template files or is it inside joomla backend, thank you for your answer,

Bert Bouwer.
  • Bert
  • Free Extensions
  • 16 posts
Hi Anthony,

Sorry forgot something, i want to translate the date section in the vision 2 into dutch, can you tell me where i need to do this ?

Thank you,

Bert.
  • Bert
  • Free Extensions
  • 16 posts
Hi Bert,

The menu can be changed in the template_css.css file. There is a group called superfish (do a search for it in your editor) - Its always a bit of trial and error depending on the part of the menu you want to change.

Also the template has no effect on the date so that can be changed in the usual way you would do that in the languages/common/en.ini file - en.ini or the language of the site.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Can you help me out a bit with 2 things regarding the vision2 template:

I searched for a way to translate the date section, did not succeed, my site runs in the dutch language, it should normally translate texts from english to dutch automaticcly, but it doesn't,also tried to translate some texts in language files, but it does not bring me any further, can you help me out ?

Can you advise what i can do best, narrow the extended menu module or the main content, and can you help me a bit how i can do this best ?

Thank you for your effort and time,

Bert.
  • Bert
  • Free Extensions
  • 16 posts
Hi Bert,

So sorry I forgot about how the date was being called - do you mean the datestamp near the pathway? Thats actually raw php in the template you can just change that in the normal way you would change a date to Dutch.

In terms of the menu - Im not sure what you want to do with it. Which part do you want to change?

Thanks Anthony.

PS I also noticed a bug which is making the pathway and left menu act weirdly. Its actually an extra div in the slideshow module. Ill get a fix for that later today.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Thanks for answering, i can fix this date issue, i will have a look in the php file.

In case of the menu, what i want is to have the width of the main content area bigger,because i have installed RSTickets, and that doesn't show nicely in the main content right now, it needs more space.

The width of the menu module is to big, so i thought, when i make that smaller it automaticcly increases the width of the main content.

But i don't know how i can do this.

I hope this will clear it, thank you for your effort and time,

Bert.
  • Bert
  • Free Extensions
  • 16 posts
Hi Bart,

Ah ok - gotcha now :) I thopught you were talking about the top menu. The easiest solution is to publish the menu to the right module position. So long as the content layout is set to LRC then it will display with the main body wider and the left column thinner.

Here is a link to the flexible layout variables for this template:

Right module position plus content:
showcase.joomlabamboo.com/vision2//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=59

Let me know if that fixes it ...

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Sorry to bother you again, can you tell me in which .php file i can find the date texts to translate into dutch ?

Thanks,

Bert.
  • Bert
  • Free Extensions
  • 16 posts
Sure thing :)

Its in the index.php file in the template folder.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hello,

could you tell me how to change the Tab Titles of the bottom sliding modules i.e. "Recent work" "From the vaults" "Featured client" "Testimonials" "See our studio" "Make contact"

Thanks in advance.

Andrea
  • Andrea
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 2 posts
I just found the explanation on Vison 2.0 demo page - menu item Features > Slider.

Thanks.
  • Andrea
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 2 posts
Great - thanks Andrea.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony

Is it possible to change the background color of Vision2? If so where would I find it called from?

Cheers

Craig
  • aidan bain
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
Hi Craig,

It can be set by changing the hex values in the body and inner_wrap rules in the template_css.css file.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers