Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Having issues with News Ticker in JB Vision.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have JB Vision installed on a Joomla 1.5 site. It was downloaded and installed in August, 2008. So far, seems to be working fine, but today started having problems with the News Ticker module. We have 5 articles set up in the NewsFlash category and when all of them are published, it will not rotate the articles properly, seems to interfere with the slide show timing, and prevents the body (pathway) of the site from loading at all. Previously, we had 3 articles published and all worked well. Now, if I publish more than one article, the body of the site will load improperly, (displays behind the slide show images) or not at all.

Any idea what would cause this? I figure it must be something in the css, but I'm not sure what.

The News Ticker module is configured for the default number of articles, which is 5.

You can look at the site at www.academydays.com

Eric
  • Eric
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 53 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
OK,
To amend some info here. The problem seems to be due to something set in the category of newsflash. The problems only occur when the module is set to dislpay articles from that category.

Back to work. I'll post whatever I find.

Eric
  • Eric
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 53 posts
AwRight....

Figured out the problem here. One of my editors had gone in and put 'read more' breaks in the News Flash articles. News Ticker does not play well with that line of code.

Removed the 'read more' breaks and all seems to work fine. Also explains why it worked for two months, then started to go fishy.

C Ya

Eric
  • Eric
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 53 posts
Hey Eric,

Thanks for posting this - Will probably help others out who come along later :)

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers