Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Extension Problem

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

When i try to upload extensions i get an error code saying Warning! Failed to move file. [img size=(400-400)]www.ledvehiclelights.com/1.png[/img]

What can i do to fix this?
  • j scollin
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi J,

You need to give me more than that - which extension? Are you using one of our quickstart packages? I would say that its a file permission error but without knowing more I cant help beyond that.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
sorry. no i installed joomla from the file on joomla.org. I installed the simple shop template only and am trying to install the modules included with it ( mod_virtuemart_thin_cart).
  • j scollin
  • Free Extensions
  • 2 posts
Ok so it will be a file permission error. You need to change the permissions on the folders or files the error relates to. You can do this via ftp or if that doesnt work use something like the component Jxplorer. This is a common issue with some server setups when you upload the files.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers