Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Question about uploading extensions

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Anthony,

I have a question about uploading club extensions. When I upload the description prompts me to add lines to the "template index file, before the end of the <head>" I have pasted the info into the html (by going to the 'edit html' in the template manager) for the template, but the text shows up in the body of the website itself. I am obviously missing something.

Am I in the right place?

There is also a prompt for some of the extensions to add to the css files. Does it refer to the forest_css or the template_css.css file, and where in the particular file do I paste.

When uploading micro_flkr I received an error message....

# XML Parsing Error at 58:80. Error 4: not well-formed (invalid token)

Thank you,

Zayin
  • Zayin Neumann
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I have a question about uploading club extensions. When I upload the description prompts me to add lines to the "template index file, before the end of the <head>" I have pasted the info into the html (by going to the 'edit html' in the template manager) for the template, but the text shows up in the body of the website itself. I am obviously missing something.

Am I in the right place?

It needs to be placed before the closing head tag so where it says:
</head>

Sounds like the code might be missing or not coming our correctly. Can you post a link again?
There is also a prompt for some of the extensions to add to the css files. Does it refer to the forest_css or the template_css.css file, and where in the particular file do I paste.

Best bet is to put it at the bottom of the template_css file.
When uploading micro_flkr I received an error message....

# XML Parsing Error at 58:80. Error 4: not well-formed (invalid token)

Im assuming this is J1.5 - Are you sure you have the right version. I just tried locally and it works fine here.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Pasted this above head tag as instructed. But the text still shows up in the body of the website. Link to my site is www.holistic-sexuality.com.

thank you,

Zayin

<span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);"><script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/mini_moo_gallery/mootools.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script></span><br /> <span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);"><script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/mini_moo_gallery/SimpleSlide.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script></span><br /> <span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);"><style type="text/css" media="screen">@import "<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site; ?>/modules/mini_moo_gallery/mini_moo_gallery.css";></style></span> <p><span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);"><style type="text/css" media="screen">@import "<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site; ?>/modules/mini_moo_gallery/slimbox/slimbox_ex.css";></style></span></p> <p><span style="color: rgb(153, 0, 0);"><script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/mini_moo_gallery/slimbox/slimbox_ex_compressed.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script></span>
</head>
  • Zayin Neumann
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
I see what the issue is now. It has to do with the fact that J1.5 doesnt handle the formatting in the module description in the same way that J1.0 did.

It has essentially stripped out the html and converted it so you need to add the following to the index file.
<script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/mod_mini_moo_gallery/mini_moo_gallery/mootools.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script>
<script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/mod_mini_moo_gallery/mini_moo_gallery/SimpleSlide.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script>
<style type="text/css" media="screen">@import "<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site; ?>/modules/mod_mini_moo_gallery/mini_moo_gallery/mini_moo_gallery.css";></style>

<style type="text/css" media="screen">@import "<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site; ?>/modules/mod_mini_moo_gallery/mini_moo_gallery/slimbox/slimbox_ex.css";></style>

<script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/mod_mini_moo_gallery/mini_moo_gallery/slimbox/slimbox_ex_compressed.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script>

That should work now.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
That solves the problem of the text showing up in the body. Is it possible to change other downloads so that they can be used without this same problem. I am also trying to use the FAQ application on the site.

I still cannot get the Gallery to show up though? I have tried to put it in both Advert1 and Left, in neither place does it show up. In its place the other existing menus that are published on the Left show up.

When I go into the modules section of my backend it says that the mini moo gallery is not compatible with the site.

Is there something I am doing in the moo gallery itself. I am assuming that all images uploaded into the images/stories folder will show up in the gallery. If there is something beyond this to get the gallery up and running I am missing it...
  • Zayin Neumann
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
Mini Moo Gallery hasnt been updated for J1.5 so you will need to use the legacy plugin for this to work.

Have you got legacy published?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
legacy 1.0 is enabled.
  • Zayin Neumann
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
Hi Zayin,

Can you post some login details to the ticket system and Ill take a look.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers