Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

JB Clean Commerce

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey, I've just joined JB and downloaded the Clean Commerce template. I do not know how to use the JB_Clean_Commerce_Loaded package, though. What am I to do with it after unzipping? If I just copy paste it into the www directory of my wamp installation I get php errors. Also, what do I do with the SQL dump file? How do I run it?

Sorry for the extremely noobish questions, I am pressed atm because of my license and don't have time to investigate everything on my own.
  • Harald Mosoarca
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The PHP errors were because of the $mosConfig_absolute_path variable being defined to correspond to a MAMP installation.

Now I get this: (trying to get simple shop to work now)

Simple Shop
This site is temporarily unavailable.
Please notify the System Administrator
Could not connect to the database server

It's because I virtually have no database set up for the site, just copy pasted the contents of the JB_Simple_Shop_J1.0_J1.5_Unzip_First.zip inside the www folder. How do I run that sql file? I've created a new database named "simpleshop" inside phpmyadmin, selected it, and then import jb_simple_shop.sql. I get the following message: "Import has been successfully finished, 0 queries executed.". What am I doing wrong?
  • Harald Mosoarca
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
Hi Harald,

You need to extract the package to your web directory or local server and then change the configuration.php file to reflect your server settings.

The lines you have to change are:
mosConfig_absolute_path - absolute server path
mosConfig_cachepath - absolute server path
mosConfig_db - name of the database you installed the sql file into
mosConfig_password - normally root on a local server or whatever you named it on the web server

Here is a link t the full tutorial:
www.joomlabamboo.com/tutorials/JB-Quick-Start-Packages.html
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Are you installing J1.0 or J1.5?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks a lot! Got it up and running eventually, thanks to the tutorial. I'll be back if I have any other questions. :)
  • Harald Mosoarca
  • Free Extensions
  • 5 posts
No Problem,

We are currently working on making it a little more seamless for those that are using the quick start packages ...

Good Luck ... Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers