Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

K2 Front End Editor & Bamboo Template Conflict?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I think this problem falls outside the realm of reasonable support expectations... but maybe you can point me in the right direction to fix it? Maybe since more and more people are using K2 it's worth figuring out!

I'm in the process of building two websites using K2 (by Joomlaworks) and Joomla Bamboo templates - New Media and Strata. www.margiemoody.com & www.corpconcfurniture.com/uchicago

I noticed the frontend editor that K2 provides (to add/edit items) is showing up inverted and right aligned. I've attached an image of it. The Details parameters showing up to the left should be appearing on the right, all the labels should be aligned left, etc...

I finally isolated the problem has something to do with the JB templates (both of them). It does not happen with another template.

Where should I be focusing my troubleshooting? Stylesheets? template_css.css, layout.css? I've dug through them and haven't seen anything obvious to me, but maybe you can help since you are intimately familiar with them. Maybe something to do with the Panel styling?

Is there a way I can force the K2 form.php to ignore everything to do with the bamboo template? Or is that an obviously stupid idea...

Martha
Attachments:
  • Martha Moody
  • Previous Member
  • 70 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Martha,

I actually noticed this yesterday on the print button one of our templates. as far as I can tell it's because the RTL.CSS file is being called somehow. We aren't doing it from the template so on not entirely certain where it's coming from but I will check on this and we will get a fix for you soon.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Martha,

Would you mind submitting a support ticket with details on the two sites? I would hopefully only need Joomla access to see the editors (don't post details here).

I have been working extensively with K2 lately, and I haven't run into this issue.

Its good to see another Chicagoland native :)

Regards,
Jeremy
  • Jeremy
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 407 posts
Hi Jeremy! I posted my long-winded, complicated problem to a ticket. I tried to keep it concise!

I'd be glad to talk on the phone or via Skype or something if that helps explain the issue and needs more efficiently. I realize this problem may require enough hassle and work to merit payment, so let me know what you think it will cost!

Are you still in Chicagoland? I live out in the suburbs in Warrenville(Naperville) - a lifetime native! :)

Martha
  • Martha Moody
  • Previous Member
  • 70 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers