Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Front page template won't change

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi all,
I installed some JB Templates and at first, when I changed the default, all pages would change. Working great in other words!

Today, I went to my site and when I changed the default template, the Front Page stayed the same. Nothing I do seems to change that, except that I can manually change the front page to anything except the new default. In other words, I can't use the default page for my front page....and I cannot find a solution to this. I have looked online and here for the last hour...ack!

Any ideas? I did see that I could manually assign the template to the existing menus, but then what's the point of the default setting? Has something gotten honked up in the Joomla code somehow?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Helen
  • Helen Harrison
  • Previous Member
  • 8 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Well, I am kid of answering my own question...but if you have any info on why this happens or a different solution...Please jump in!

I cleaned caches and purged expired caches in Joomla and that solved this problem for me.

I don't know how or why...but now my default template applies to ALL pages, including my front page.

Thanks for any insight you can offer on this probelem!
Helen
  • Helen Harrison
  • Previous Member
  • 8 posts
Hey Helen,

The first page is always the most heavily accessed and if you have Joomla caching turned on then this page will take take a while to update itself (cache time specified in the control panel). In addition to Joomla your server may also be caching your home page for faster delivery.
With the Joomla cache, not all aspects of the front page are cached. Certain content is still loaded dynamically but relatively static content like template styles and resources are usually cached.

Hope that shed some light on it.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers