Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Very disappointed about missing styles

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi
I've been using some of JoomlaBamboo templates for over a year now, but I'm really disappointed because this templates are quite incomplete. None of the templates I've tested have styles for the offline page, or the default contact page or many other joomla default modules.
I just noticed that most of the times I just test these templates and the end up installing some other template from other provider like joomlart.
Joomlabamboo templates only look good if you use exactly the same modules and styles that they suggest in the demo. In my opinion, that is not a professional template. A professional template should give you lots of customization options.
Well, just my opinion. I hope in a near future this templates will come complete.
  • Guayo Mena
  • 12 Month basic
  • 9 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Guayo,

Thanks so much for your feedback.

Just to go through your points:

1. Offline pages have been added to some recent themes and I have on my list to add them to older themes retrospectively.

2. The default contact page should have style. I work on adding complimentary styling for the tabs, slider and plain layout. Do you have an example of where this is unstyled?

3. Re default modules. I don't spend a great deal of time on these modules, preferring to add support for zentools etc. But in saying that they shouldn't look odd. Which modules and in which template do you see them behaving weirdly?

Thanks again for your feedback.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Good to know that you will start styling offline pages for old templates.
The contact form has styles, but it just doesn't look like there is an effort to make it look good. I always have to spend a lot of time styling them.
Default things like the horizontal line you insert in the default text editor, and stuff like that, require styling almost every time.
Also I've noticed that sometimes menus in footers have to be styled also. Simple things like title color or ul indenting.
Anyway, good to know you're aware of some things.
  • Guayo Mena
  • 12 Month basic
  • 9 posts
Hi Guaya,

1. I'd be interested to see an example of what you mean here. You are right that the form is always pretty simple but it's never out of context of the theme.

2. Do you mean the hr rule? Yes Im guilty of that because I don't really like the way they get used in Joomla components. I often see them break the design and prefer to add diving lines in another design element but I will be more mindful of this in the future.

3. Footer menus are always a flat horizontal list. Can you share some more info on what you mean styled?

4. Ul indenting thats probably just a design choice. Do you mean them in sidebars etc or in your own content?

5. Title colour - not sure which titles you mean. Module titles can have the primary1, secondary2 etc classes applied. They get a different treatment depending on the treatment.

Thanks again for your feedback. Im committed to making our themes better so appreciate your comments.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers