Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Social plugin Hikashop

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

Can anyone give advice on how to enable the social plugin within products of Hikashop in non-developer language?

I have disabled site cache, have not altered any hikashop coding and have the hikashop social plugin enabled + have entered FB ID as described in Hikashop doc.

I contacted Hikashop and this is reply

"This indicates that the plugin is either not activated or restricted to some access level, or that the {hikashop_social} tag has been removed from the product page view code, or that there is some caching on your website preventing you from seeing the change on the product page.
I would recommend to check these different points."

Is this anything to do with my template? I am using newlifestyle.

Thanks for any help.
  • Rebecca Woodley
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 7 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Rebecca,

Im unsure if it's related to the template. Do you get the same issue with the default template?

Might be best to follow up with Hikashop if thats the case.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I changed it back to joomla module instead of megamenu and still same problem. Will contact Hikashop again.

What is the issue with cache that they refer to? Does the template have any control over cache at all?

Thanks for your help.
  • Rebecca Woodley
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 7 posts
Joomla has caching options via the global config > system tab
Also a caching plugin found via plugin manager

Caching can also be enabled via your hosting setup - I frequently trip up over siteground caching for example

A template doesn't have any influence over caching but the framework its built on may have compression on - js, css and gzip (although strictly speaking this isn't caching)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks,

I will check with host regarding cache.
  • Rebecca Woodley
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 7 posts
Can I just check I'm a little unclear did you test on a joomla default template e.g. one that comes as stand with joomla?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

No, duh. I just changed from megamenu to joomla module. when I changed the template to Beez3 the social icons google+ and pinterest are showing on product.
I do not have fb icon showing.

Can I clarify, if I put in my page identifier code does this link fb or do I need a ID from developer tools? as in this tutorial www.hyperarts.com/blog/how-to-create-facebook-application-to-get-an-app-id-for-your-website/ - I entered the fb ID from developer tools but have not entered any script into the body of site as directed as not confident to do this and thought that the purpose of plugin was to avoid this step.

What does this mean about my template, have I broken it somehow that it does not show the icons?

Thanks,

Rebecca

Add: Have just noted that the fb icons and whole lot of others are hidden beneath the google+ button.
  • Rebecca Woodley
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 7 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Rebecca Woodley.
Hi Rebecca,

Can I just check the problem is still outstanding (the add bit makes me uncertain)?

If its still a problem do you have a link for a example page?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Yes. No social icons there. Here is a page

www.clothcycle.me/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=20&name=eco-femme-travel-pouch&Itemid=266

Thanks.

Rebecca
  • Rebecca Woodley
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 7 posts
Hi Rebecca,

Could you create a ticket for the site - please include ftp details and Joomla access

Could you also include the Hikashop plugin zip you installed

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers