Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Mix one page and standard design in single site

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm looking for info on setting up a one page design, but mixing it with standard layouts? Basically I have a product page within an overall design where on that product page only I'd like to be able to initiate a one page scrolling type interface.
Is that doable? I'm using hub2.
Thanks!
  • Lorraine
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 54 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

What functionality are you looking the non one page menu to have?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The key thing is that I want the product page to have the smooth scrolling 'parallax' type effect, but the rest of the site to be fairly normal, and for the 'normal' site menu to still be visible.

I might have to hand craft this one! Perhaps once on the product page where I want the one page scrolling effect I need to create a horizontal sub menu to work as the scrollable anchor links.

I was trying to use a version of the template to do this but of course I 'lose' the main site menu when I lapse into the one page mode.

SO...I think if I need to create a set of anchor links at the 'above banner' position on the one page type page and then try to pick up and use the smooth scrolling type styling on those links.

Are the css classes for the scrolling documented anywhere or is it best if I try to pick them up from the one page code?
  • Lorraine
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 54 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by manh.
HI,

The templates javascript contains a function for adding the smoothscroll effect to the onepage menu
jQuery(document).ready(function(){
	// Das ist Smooth linking
	jQuery('#navwrap a,#off-canvas-nav a').smoothScroll({
		offset: -120,
		easing: 'swing'
	});
});

So you could create a new layout that contains your second menu and use that code, changing the jQuery selector to your new menu links to make it scroll rather than snap to the relevant area of the page.

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lorraine
Thanks Rob, I'll give it a go...
  • Lorraine
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 54 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Good luck with it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers