Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Need advises to choose a JB template

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi all,
I will build a Joomla 3.x website for a customer, for a communication purpose, in the business of events organizing, like parties, weddings, honeymoon travels, retirement parties, work-groups, seminars, etc

She want something almost empty in the first page, with 2 choices (professional or individual) that will open different pages with tabs.
She will need photo/video galleries, blog style pages, nice contact page, etc...

What could be the best JB template for this kind of business and ergonomy, for Joomla! 3.x ?

Thanks for any answer ! :)

Note...I need this template for the end of the month, then if there is one to be published it could be an acceptable suggestion.

Sincerely.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi,

These kind of questions are always tricky to answer as we've not met the client :)

Rather than tabs I would consider using zentools with two large images.

The most flexible template is Base3 which is also the newest
I would take a look there first

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul,

Yes I had the idea to give Base3 a try, it's sober then highly customisable.
Nice idea for Zen tools for 2 entries choices.
But they want also tabed area with 5 or 6 tabs on second pages.
I think it will be not so tricky...I hope ;)

Sincerely
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Brunus.
With the tabs you can use Zentools for a tabbed layout and also zentabs in this template

bambootheme.com/showcase/base3/template-features/module-overview/module-chrome/tabs

It would depend I guess on what content you wanted in the tabs

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Like Paul says try zentools. it's amazing really all that it can do and though you may need to play with it a bit in a demo/test site and do a bit of reading once you have the hang of all the features and flexibility you will never look back! i think i have zentools in every single site i build now.

You can create your intro pages for professional and individual and add your graphic. Put these on your home in say grid1 or some other position (you can also create a separate template for your home page if you want a drastically different home layout...just copy the template and set one as home and the standard layout as your default). With your two buttons showing from zen tools your customer can now go to the intro for the service they are looking for and then in those pages you can use zen tools to create your tabs above your main content.

not sure if that helps but good luck!
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
Thanks Candyce :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers