Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Best Blog type template

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Looking for a quick and easy template for a blog. Going on a 2 week 50th/golf holiday with some mates to Vegas next Monday and thought I'd setup a wee website for the trip to keep the folks and kids back home updated. Be nice if it could integrate wth fbook. Must be easy to update and be mobile viewing freindly as well.

Opinions appreciated.

Cheers
  • BillyK
  • 12 Month basic
  • 208 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Template selection is very much a personal choice, and one which I cannot offer any affirmative direction on. Our themes are designed to be as generic as possible, notwithstanding the varying exceptions which hit a more specific purpose, but is the style variation / color scheme, and the demo sample content and images that really portray a given template as a 'theme'. The templates are extremely versatile, flexible and diverse, and the vast majority can be easily manipulated to suit almost any mainstream purpose.

Therefore, I direct you to our demo at demo.joomlabamboo.com/ and see which theme strikes out at you, from a design perspective. Do note however, that as a general proposition, the newer the template, the more features or feature sets it has. Our templates are purely responsive. This means that they are built on a fluid grid and use media queries to control the design and its content to adapt to the width of any screen or device.
  • mihha
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 711 posts
  • 44 Thanks
Hey Billy - nice to see you again :)

Is it your 50th?

Happy Birthday if so ...

To add to what Igor has said above it depends on what you are after but for something a little left of center you could use Profilr. You can have 10 panels now so perhaps make use of the gallery functionality and then use Zentools to show short blog update like status's.

My two cents anyway.

Cheers
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi guys, was looking at Vintage or Meridian as they seemed to be the two that would need the least configuration for my needs but don't know what either of them would look like on mobile. I'll have a look ar Profilr again Anthony.
Nah no my 50th mate, my brother on the Goldy's. Couple from Oz, Couple from NZ and a couple from London and no wives within 2,500km's!!! Bring on Vegas!!
  • BillyK
  • 12 Month basic
  • 208 posts
  • 2 Thanks
In your case then, I would go with the Vintage template because Meridian is not responsive template and Vintage is so it will look nice on the mobile phones also
  • mihha
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 711 posts
  • 44 Thanks
My thoughts too mihha I used mobiletest.me/ and it looks pretty cool. But text overflows. Not sure if thats because it's being displayed from the Bamboo site.
Only one way to find out! Here goes...
  • BillyK
  • 12 Month basic
  • 208 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Those mobile test website are noting like the real device so you can't rely 100% on them to show the website as it will be presented on the real device
  • mihha
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 711 posts
  • 44 Thanks
oops - installed vintage
anyone seen this error before?
www.mikes50.com
  • BillyK
  • 12 Month basic
  • 208 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by BillyK.
Cancel that
Installation came up with a page of errors related to zengrid in admin and front end. I turned off error reporting and they all went away.

Looks ok on mobile although on an iPhone 5 the tags on left hand side are half cut off. Turn phone sideways and all good
  • BillyK
  • 12 Month basic
  • 208 posts
  • 2 Thanks
I believe that this is done on purpose to save some screen space for the content
  • mihha
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 711 posts
  • 44 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers