Support Forum

• Page:

Here is my GRID site....

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello everyone,

This is my new Grid homepage: weimaraners.dk

Hope you like it as much as I do (as it is my first Joomla - experience ever ;) ).
Please check it out and give me some feedback :) :)
That would be great!

Greetings from Susanne
  • Susanne Garborg
  • Previous Member
  • 14 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Susanne,

Very nice use of the JB Grid theme. Great photos and well thought-out site mapping. I can tell that you put a great deal of planning into the building and content... well done! Keep up the good work and let us know of any other JB theme based sites you have or are planning.

Best regards,
Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Hi Susanne,

I agree with Ed nice work! The effort and time has been well worth it. A well navigated site with a nice mixture of text and excellent photography.

Thanks for sharing ;)

Cheers
Craig
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Susanne,
Excellent site! Really an inspiration...especially to me, since my own site is devoted to dog writing.

My site is still under development, but here's a sneak preview of an article (and related photographs) that might be interesting to you, based on an interview with a successful Weimaraner person here in the united States:
www.thedogwriter.com/Test2/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27%3Aexponential-versatility&catid=3&Itemid=13

Thanks for sharing,
Matthew
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hey Susanne,

Sorry I missed this one - I love it! Beautiful photos too.

Apologies of it says this on the website but where were they taken?

@Matthew nice work too - no idea we had two weimaraner lovers using JB templates - bet there are probably a few more too :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
@all: :) Thank you very much!!! I´m searching for new ideas to fill in the webside constantly.... maybe some day soon it will be so full of components and modules, that it is too slow. :( Can that happen?

@ Matthew: Congratulations for your fine site! What a great article about Weimaraners! I just love it!!! :)

Greetings from Susanne
  • Susanne Garborg
  • Previous Member
  • 14 posts
Hi Susanne,

Yes it can. Generally those extensions that are querying the database a lot are those that have the most potential to cripple your site speed. A lot depends on how many people are visiting your site also.

Loading a lot of scripts can also slow initial page load times, so simply adding extensions will slow page load times.
Poorly coded extensions can have disastrous effects on site speed, and some are notorious.

'bad' extensions will affect database performance meaning your server takes longer to serve pages to visitors. This obviously gets worse with more visitors.

Lots of images/scripts slows the page load time at the visitors end of things, as well as using more of your web host bandwidth.

To summarise - If you don't use it, lose it!
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers