Support Forum

• Page:

Playing around with Grid & Captify

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey all,

Had a few extra hours so I played around with the Grid template and the Captify module and did something that has been dancing in my brain since they were first released. Check out;

www.edhathaway.com/profile/blog.html

This is a picture I took while in Iceland and it just never looked good small. So I broke it apart and each picture grid is assigned to a common section/category article being called up by the Captify module. This was quickly put together and believe there is a little fine-tuning needed (the one px white space on the right is just one) but overall both the Grid template and the Captify module did everything I hoped it would!!!

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Ed

Yeah, nice. Was thinking of something similar to announce major events etc on our own site. I recon a 1 pixel border/grid within the image might work pretty well on some images too.

Cheers
Martin
  • Martin
  • 12 Month basic
  • 76 posts
Taking it one step further... I'm going to create a single image of the different websites I've done (collage style) and let Captify direct the click-through traffic. Set them in front of a brick wall background using drop shadows and a few other graphical goodies and I'll have my portfolio!

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Yeah looks good Ed. The first thing that came to me when I saw the idea was to make a border around each slice (not sure if thats what you mean martin) sort of replicating the look of when they use multiple tvs to split the image up.

One of my life dreams is to go to Iceland :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony,

I like your idea about a border around each slice. Have to think about that and see how it plays out. Could do a simple, beveled or shadow box border effect. hummmm!

Ed

p.s. Iceland was a life altering experience. I'd go back in a heartbeat! If you have some time, here is my Flickr link of the pictures I took;

www.flickr.com/photos/26194928@N00/sets/72157606769179598/
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
a border around the images would look nice...

Anthony... Iceland is fantastic, I went in 2008 to a wedding.. were only there for 4 days, and i want to go back with my family and spend some more time there..

ED
Nice pictures..

Rikard
  • Rikard
  • 127 posts
  • 3 Thanks
I have been two times ins Iceland, first surrounding the whole island and at the second time just the south and the highland.
The best trips of my life...and I will go there again next year :)

It will take a little time but when my site is ready I can post you a link with tons of pix...:)

@Ed: Nice pics, I really get hungry for my next holiday :)

Best!

martin
  • Martin Schulz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 38 posts
Ok so that settles it - we'll have a joomlabamboo day on an icy fjord sometime in 2010 - hehe :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Oh yeah, thats a good idea :)
We're gonna make you that hungry for Iceland...;)
  • Martin Schulz
  • 12 Month basic
  • 38 posts
Already hungry for it for sure :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers