Support Forum

• Page:

e-Commerce Sites using JB templates

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi All,
I'm looking examples and inspiration for an e-commerce site using a JB template.
Would be really grateful for links to any examples - and which template they're using.
Thanks,
Bass
  • Bass Stewart
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 14 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Inspire: acssonline.com/
Ascent: corconsulting.net/
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bass Stewart
Hi,
Thanks.
Is the Inspire site using OpenCart?
Which flavour?
Thanks,
Bass
  • Bass Stewart
  • 14 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Thanks for the links :)

As Bass said I've love to know how you found using the ecommerce systems - its a question we get asked a lot - "how have other members found it using those extensions?"

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes they are using opencart, i am using Mijoshop which i believe just changed it's name.

I have tried several carts from virtuemart, redcomponent to hikashop and tienda when it was still available. i loved what was happening with tienda but without that option i switched again to mijoshop. I find it easy to use, my clients find it easier to understand and manipulate than virtuemart and though i haven't used hikashop since 2.5 i found the initial setup/config a bit of a pain and confusing. Mijoshop/opencart is very comprehensive with so many options to extend the component. i liked the easy to install add-ons and though this shopping cart is complex it wasn't particularly difficult to setup/use and is quite logical in structure. A big plus with mijoshop is using the events system integration if your client has a need for both. i switched from ohanah to mijoevents because it was just so clean, well designed and easy to use and i had way less jquery conflicts. (Though to be honest, i do get some conflicts with jbtype on some of the buttons but i was able to work around these). Otherwise i am quite satisfied and will continue to use opencart/mijoshop.
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by candyce.
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh, Bass Stewart
Cool thanks :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Candyce,

Thanks for that. Really useful.

We've been using OpenCart for ages for dedicated e-commerce sites - specifically because clients like the backend; we like VQMod, but its primarily because clients like the admin interface.

When it came to integrating ecommerce into J!, it was the obvious choice - NONE of the other options come close in terms of the backend, IMHO.

But the difficulty was choosing the flavour. We eventually went with MijoShop, and have been mainly happy, although have had difficulties getting the same site setup on three different servers: an identical site will only work on one of the three servers we've tried, including failures on a VM and Siteground.

I've been encouraging Anthony to develop a JB template with native OC support!

If we run into any more difficulties, could we pick your brains?

Many thanks,

Bass
bass.stewart AT onyxweb.co.uk

PS I think they MiwoShop is a dreadful name!
  • Bass Stewart
  • 14 posts
  • 1 Thanks
sure thing. i would love an ecomm for OC as well. I haven't had so many issues though so i would still go that route. Have you tried Aceshop which is another OC flavour? The people who own Mijoshop used to develop Aceshop so they should be very similar but i wonder what the differences are.

As for the new name, it's MiwiSoft but i still dislike it. Mijoshop rolls of the tongue and has an asian sound. Miwisoft makes me think of tiny fuzzy creatures with oversized shiny eyes running around in a cheap arcade style video game. LOL
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by candyce.
Please carry on guys :)

I'm learning :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Paul, learning about what? OC or awful company names?

I think the company is MiwiSoft and the cart is EITHER MijoShop OR MiwoShop - their marketing people need to drink less coffee and get some fresh air!

OpenCart is unreservedly excellent as an open source e-commerce solution. Robust, easy to use for user and developer alike and really easy to extend.

We looked at HikaShop for the J! integration, but even I was intimidated by the product management interface. In my limited experience of showing clinets HikaShop - they hate it!

Candyce, really kind of you to offer advice - how do I get in touch, if we have a question about J!/OC integration?

Many thanks,

Bass
  • Bass Stewart
  • 14 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
Hi Bass,

I love it when people give personal experiences of components its so helpful for other users :)

Helps other folks a lot

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
my website was the one posted above corconsulting.net so you can reach me through the site. Just as an aside we are actually working on developing our JUG group for my area and one of the big things i want to do is product/extension reviews to share with other users. I understand what you mean Paul about how helpful it is to have other people's input. The extensions page isn't the place to put reviews (especially if they are negative or unproductive) which is why we hope to create a forum or blog for sharing reviews. It's a bit slow-going since our project load is a bit full but when ready i can share that...and it is using a jbamboo template too! maybe a showcase site for later? lol
  • candyce
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 391 posts
  • 8 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
Look forward to it :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers