Support Forum

• Page:

A New 'Grid'

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Had a few 'free' hours this weekend and launched a beta version of my personal website using Joomla Bamboo's Grid template. Please understand that this is a work in progress and will change as time permits. I welcome any comments/feedback you might have...
thanks,
Ed

URL:
http://www.edhathaway.com/profile
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ed,

This is great.

That flash works so well with the captify module. Great pics too. The horse moving across is just brilliant.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey Ed :)

I really dig the flash effect too... did you simply embed the flash in a module placed in the banner position between two instances of separate captify modules? I could probably sneak a peek at the code and figure it out but it's late and my brain is beginning to turn off.. :) lol

I'm working in the Grid template as well... you can see some of my progress so far at www.ericafrei.com/joomlair/

Erica
  • Erica K. Frei
  • Previous Member
  • 20 posts
Jason,
Thanks! The Flash effect was an afterthought that quickly became the focal point.

Erica,
Your right regarding the position of the Flash being sandwiched between two separate captify modules. Thanks for the kind works and your Grid layout is outstanding.

There is so much more to do with my site and so little available time. I guess I'll have to design and create internally and build when I can.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
It's really beautiful! I'm impressed with the flash between the two instances, I have to admit, I never would have thought of it.

I have my own website that I just launched with Grid (only last night). It's such a fun, and easy theme to work with! I will probably do more with it when I have time, but it's my busiest season of the year.

www.photographybysolaria.com
  • Angela
  • Previous Member
  • 2 posts
Thanks Ed :) I was contemplating playing with some flash elements after seeing yours, truly an inspiration! I think right now I'm going to sit on my hands and behave until I have everything else finished though. :)

Erica
  • Erica K. Frei
  • Previous Member
  • 20 posts
Angela,

Thanks for your kind words...

As an FYI, I'm no Flash Wizard (that's my son's job) nor do I play one on TV! The Joomla app I'm using to create this effect is called;

JSN ImageShow PRO ver. 1.0.6
www.joomlashine.com
$29.00

They offer a free version that has some of their commercials hardcoded and feature limitations but it would be worth the download to see if it meets your needs. I've owned the PRO version for some time and always find a need to use it somewhere within a site that I work on. Again, thats to all for your kind words and by all means, keep the cards and letters coming!!!

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Angela,

Just got off your site... OUTSTANDING photos. Almost makes me want to trash my pics & D-SLR and leave it to the pros! Very, very nice work. My Joomla hat has been tipped.

Ed

p.s I'll be in Austin, TX next week for a private vintage car photo shoot and a visit with my son. Maybe some of your 'southwest' talent will rub off on me during my visit.
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Hi, great template. I want to setup it too, but I have problems with slider - myabe you know the way to set it up, because on my site it won't show.
thanks, Vili
  • Vili Ulcar
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 24 posts
Hey Vili,

Is this the same site as before? Let me know or post a link in the Grid forum.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
yes, it's the same site...I replied to that post, so you can look for it?

I'd really want to enable slider on grid template...any hints?
  • Vili Ulcar
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 24 posts
Hey Vili,

To enable the slider on the Grid template, you need to publish a module to the
slide1
slide2
slide3
slide4
positions.

You may not see it in the positions drop down list but you can type it into the box. The latest template has these positions appearing in the list.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hmm, tricky, but there is no any position named slide...., what if I add them manually?
  • Vili Ulcar
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 24 posts
Hey Vili,

Yeah you'll need to add them manually then.
Just type slide1 into the position box and see it work.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
It works, thanks.
  • Vili Ulcar
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 24 posts
Glad to hear it. Cheers.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi everybody,

First thing congratulation for your work !

I have a question on grid template, I'm working on and I have a problem with title of the frontage and section always show after Captify Content.

Do you know how to hide it?

Thank you in advance

Laurent from France
  • Laurent BUISSON
  • Previous Member
  • 8 posts
Laurent BUISSON wrote:
Hi everybody,

First thing congratulation for your work !

I have a question on grid template, I'm working on and I have a problem with title of the frontage and section always show after Captify Content.

Do you know how to hide it?

Thank you in advance

Laurent from France

Sorry I found it : it is in frontpage setup title not show ;)
  • Laurent BUISSON
  • Previous Member
  • 8 posts
Ed - Thanks for the tips with the flash module. I do speak a little Flash so if at some point I have time to change it, I may consider it.

Speaking of pictures, I absolutely love your horse photo (that is your flash element). The only horses I seem to capture are the ones that are eating --- which is terribly boring.

Thank you for your kind words, and good luck in Texas. The light down here in the southwest is extremely beautiful and the setting; old buildings, history, weather, makes it a great place to live and work (especially if you're a photographer).
  • Angela
  • Previous Member
  • 2 posts
Angela,

I have a whole picture series of these horses that I really need to post. They are Icelandic horses that I shot during a riding demonstration in Selfoss, Iceland mostly using a 200mm telephoto lens. They are amazing animals with 'child like' personalities and mannerisms and are real hams for a camera!

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers