Support Forum

• Page:

can you show your grid template sites ?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

i want to see :)

thanks
  • yaacov
  • JB Pro
  • 6 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Yaacov,

There are few posted in this forum category but also check out craig-james.com.au/ for a good implementation.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
hi , i want to say that i reached you site through warez site http://brian.teeman.net/extensions/joomla-warez-and-downloads.html( all good content are in the warez sites otherwise it is not good ) .
i want to say that your templates are the one of the best ( if not the best ) to fit my needs .
i hope then i will start my site i will buy a membership as today i only starts to know joomla and the membership is not needed .

i hope you will succeed !!!!

some question :
how do i see a link in the "templates" word ? how this is done ?
  • yaacov
  • JB Pro
  • 6 posts
Hi Yaacov,

Thanks for your post and happy to have you as a member when you are ready.

What do you mean by this?
some question :
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony Olsen wrote:
Hi Yaacov,

Thanks for your post and happy to have you as a member when you are ready.

What do you mean by this?
some question :

after checking it again it was my mistake ! please forget it .

about warez sites . i already bought some script (very good one ) after first checking it on a warez site . so take it as a compliment ! that yours templates are found in the warez site .

have a nice day !
  • yaacov
  • JB Pro
  • 6 posts
Ah ok - now I understand sorry ...

Its a component called simplylinks that automatically links text on a website according to the settings in the backend.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
you should not be sorry :) my english is not best ;)
as for now the component isn't available for doawnload :woohoo:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/2155/details

so , what do you think about my warez remark ?

in addition, i think that any one ,who will download your's wonderful templates and will use in his business without buying it, isn't a potential buyer so all the warez for script or templates isn't so bad . the problem is for programs or games installed on the pc that brings a problem for the industry of softwares but for a kid of 12 years old that need to hand a homework . is it ethical to limit him to do it in office of microsoft without having opensource option for him . i am happy that this kid can do his work for school not in the expensive microsoft office ( like google doc or others ) .
  • yaacov
  • JB Pro
  • 6 posts
Hi Yaacov,

I think warez are an unavoidable part of life actually. Personally Id prefer anyone who uses a Joomla Bamboo template on their site pays for it. The price isnt actually that expensive and so most people running a business should be able to afford the price and should at least be able to factor in $40 for the cost of the template for the project budget. Im not limiting anyone by charging for the templates - there are plenty of free templates out there and I am not forcing any one to use the Joomla Bamboo themes so the 12 yo argument doesnt actually work. The bottom line is if you cant afford to buy a template then use a free one.

That being said I dont spend my time trying to shut down links to illegal versions of the templates - its time consuming and in a sense sends ends good energy after bad. I think there are a few warez converts who joined the club so if it works for advertising then thats good too. You cant really put the support we offer here on a warez site ;)

Thanks for the discussion :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
By the way Ive attached files for Simply Links here.

I think there may have been a few better extensions released that do this but Ill let you check this out anyway.

File Attachment:

File Name: com_simplylinks.zip
File Size: 57109
Attachments:
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony Olsen , indeed , 40 $ is very small charge for your support and the templates . it looks almost free !

about the 12 years boys i will not continue the discussion because it look that i haven't succeed expressing my point of view ,but anyway , i mostly agree with you and i will recommend you anyway and hope to buy a good template for my biz a soon as i will have time to deal with that ;)

yours templates as i see are the most appropriate for a small businesses ( among very very few others templates and "rockettheme" is more for news big site !

p.s.

• i am not "warez guy" i only mentioned because of your post !

• thanks for "simplelinks" !
    • yaacov
    • JB Pro
    • 6 posts
    Hehe no problem - I understand the poitn about the 12 yo in terms of denying them an essential service just because they cant pay. Ive certainly helped a number of charity groups in the past with discounted templates and if someone came to me with a good case then Id probably help them out.

Let me know if simply links works - im not sure if that was the 1.0 or .5 version.

Cheers Anthony
    • Anthony Olsen
    • 23925 posts
    • 788 Thanks
    hehe , this is not my point :unsure: your template should be bought by 12 years if he choose to use your template and not free one !

in you post here :

brian.teeman.net/extensions/joomla-warez-and-downloads.html

my point is: that a kid who have to hand a history work ( doc file ) whick could only be made by some essential software ( like office & windows) and there are no alternative ( free one
    ) for giving him a option to hand his word without stilling a microsoft office & windows software .

i hope now my opinion is understood :P

p.s.
    i will check simple links in about a week from now :blush:
    • yaacov
    • JB Pro
    • 6 posts
    Ahh ok now I understand. Yes I totally agree with you on that one. I guess thats why Joomla is such a great resource. If the task for the 12yo was to build a website then they could of course use Joomla for free but if they were forced to use Dreamweaver or some other proprietary expensive system then that would be unfair and discriminatory.

I think we are on the same page now :)

Anthony
    • Anthony Olsen
    • 23925 posts
    • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers