Support Forum

• Page:

hide all microblog content on linked page

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I think this might be a crazy question, and perhaps I am using the wrong module for the job, I have microblog on the front page with images and text and I would like them to link to a category blog or article page but not repeat the article in the microblog shown on the front page. The "don't show into text" does not do the job for this. Thanks for any ideas, Carin
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
You just need to put a read-more in the article. Everything you want to be shown by micrblog on the front page goes before the read-more, everything you do not want shown in the article goes after it.

Then simply ensure that the article is set to not display introtext.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
That is what I tried the first time and this is my result as shown below (intro text:hide in article parameters) The image and quote is what is before the read more break in the article and what displays in the microblog, but when I click the link it takes me to this page (it is a category blog page) any help would be greatly appreciated, iwebresults.com/deccacable
(I am trying to insert a screenshot and can't oh well, if you visit the site and click on Internet High Speed, first box, you will see what I mean), thanks Cariin
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
I figured it out I have to link to the article, not the category blog!
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Cool thanks for posting back,

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers