Support Forum

• Page:

JB FAQ

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I found your module for FAQ, it looks exactly what i'm looking for, now on the JB FAQ website you point out "Including Jquery - You need to include JQuery if your template hasn't done so already. You only need to include this once so if you are using multiple instances of the module then set this option to yes in only one instance of the module. This should be the module that appears first in order."

Where do I get this Jquery?

jquery.com/ <-- I found this website or is there a module/plugin I can download that integrates it in Joomla?

Kind regards,

Koen
  • Koen
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
wohoo, I installed Jquery from that website it seems to work now :D
  • Koen
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
Hi Koen,

Glad you have it working. We would have suggested using our own JB Library plugin, which loads jQuery into your pages for you and cleverly avoids potential script conflicts. JB Library can pull the latest version of jQuery from Google, or from the local.

You can find JB Library here, if you want to take a look.

But, whatever works best for you eh?
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
ah thank you, I will check it out!
  • Koen
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
Hi Koen,

Probably best to use JB Library just in case you use any of our other extensions. Also the latest version of JB Library inserts the script into the head of your template and so if you have it working while placing the script reference in the index.php file then its possible that you have it before the <head> tags which is not technically correct - anyway JB LIbrary solves that issue for you.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I implemented the JB Libary, this way it is more practical for my client :), then lets say a script that's hidden somewhere. I also notice that it is more compatible in the way it is loaded so perhaps this solved some future problems as well ;)

Thank you for providing such awesome free enhancements for Joomla and fast support.
  • Koen
  • Free Extensions
  • 4 posts
I think it will certainly keep things more manageable for you.

And yes, JB Library plays nicely with other scripts on the page.

Thanks for the kind words.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers