Support Forum

• Page:

Bamboo Loaded is now included in the Template Club

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Greetings as of the 15th April we are amalgamating the two services Bamboo Loaded and the Joomla Bamboo Template Club into the one subscription.

So all new and current members now have access to preconfigured Joomla Setups - ready to install.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Where can I find a description of what the Loaded templates are compared to the standard templates?

Many thanks.
  • Melanie
  • Previous Member
  • 3 posts
Hi Melanie,

The loaded packages are full Joomla installations while the templates are just the templates. The new versions of the loaded packages are called quick start packages and install in the same way that you would normally install Joomla on your server.

We are currently overhauling our info so things are a little disorganised. Things should be a bit clearer in the next few weeks.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I hate to seem so dense, but I'm new to Joomla. Does the loaded version include database definitions and sample data in addition to the structure? Anything else? If I already have data entered, would the installation of the loaded package overlay this data? Or would it create a new database altogether?

Thank you again for your beautiful templates. Perhaps you could include a tutorial walking newbies through the process of the loaded installation process.
  • Melanie
  • Previous Member
  • 3 posts
Hi Melanie,

Glad to have you aboard :)

Which template are you looking at using. We are in between moving the quick start packages from an old technique to a new technique. The answer will depend on the template you want to use.

Generally though the quickstart packages are full installations of Joomla as per the demo site. The new version will be setup in the usual ay that you upload and install Joomla on your server.

Part of the work we are doing is building a dedicated tutorial area also.

Thanks for your feedback,

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I am looking at both Habitat3 and Vision. I will work with both and present them as options to my client - a Buddhist Center in California. I have tried to install the quickstart version of Habitat3 but get an error updating to the /media directory. The standard Habitat3 template installs without a problem. I am not using joomla 1.5 as our host doesn't yet support it. I have also tried to install the Vision quickstart and it gives me the error that the xml setup file is not for a template.
  • Melanie
  • Previous Member
  • 3 posts
Hi Melanie,

Are you uploading the contents of the packages to the directory on your web server or are you installing via the back end.

Here is the tutorial on how to set it up.
[url]
http://www.joomlabamboo.com/tutorials/JB-Quick-Start-Packages.html[/url]

Habitat3 is using the technique as described in that post while Vision will work in the way that you would normally install Joomla. Better tutorials are coming soon ...

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers