Support Forum

June Release - Elevate2 is coming

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Elevate2 is going through some bug testing and a little reworking and should be due out in the next day or so.

Its coming with a new image gallery called prettySlider, a reworked jTweet module, the captifyContent module and a simple date and title latest news module.

Here is a sneakpeak so you can see what to expect :)

www.joomlabamboo.com/elevate2.jpg

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
looks awesome, cant wait!
  • Ben Carter
  • Previous Member
  • 160 posts
Thanks Ben :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I am wanting to use this template, and have published pretty slider to the banner module position, and assigned the folder from which to pull images but they dont appear. 'suggestions?
  • Bronwyn Shimmin
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
Hi Bronwyn,

Ive just released an update for the module to fix an issue - lket me know if v1.0.2 solves it for you.

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony, great template :)

I'm having the same issue though with Pretty Slider, it can see the images but it is not showing them?

I'm using version 1.0.2?...
  • Mark Law
  • 12 Month basic
  • 78 posts
Same here, installed quickstart package, then uninstalled pretty slider 1.0, then installed pretty slider 1.02....I have boxes with red crosses showing that the image path is inncorrect, yet whe I open up with lightbox the image shows up.

my image path is images/stories/yoga

Also cant seem to get mod_captifyContent to show images on frontpage either.....checked demo section, it has image assigned and in demo section html editor has the letters>>>> cxvbb ??

Shall continue to build site and wait to see if others are experiencing similar problems with slider and captify:unsure:
Attachments:
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Hey Folks,

Ive set the module up on a few sites now and its working fine pretty much - there are some issues with the right file permissions being set on the image.php file which is the one that does all the crunching. Also the imagecache directory needs to be set to be writable.

If you right click on the alt tag and try to view the image where is the script looking for it?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
http://localhost/modules/mod_prettySlider/image.php?width=200&height=200&cropratio=1:2&image=/images/stories/yoga/image1.jpg

Hi Anthony is that what u were asking for????

PS..by the way ur template is kick ass material:woohoo:
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Thanks Anthony, here is the path:

http://localhost:8888/modules/mod_prettySlider/image.php?width=470&height=245&cropratio=2:2&image=/images/stories/yoga/jbyoga-01.jpg

As you can see it's just on my localhost at the moment so I don't think there can be permissions problems?

cheers
Mark
  • Mark Law
  • 12 Month basic
  • 78 posts
Hey guys thats a path issue in both cases. Im adduming that the site isnt at http://localhost:8888/ so you need to add a sub folder so if the site is this: http://localhost:8888/joomla/ then joomla/ is the subfolder.

I think that will kill two birds with one stone :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Excellent thanks Anthony! all fine now, sorry to trouble you with such a schoolboy error. thanks for your help :)
  • Mark Law
  • 12 Month basic
  • 78 posts
OK thanks Anthony that worked for me....

However this is where my retardiness comes out in the open........

I dont use subfolders when I go live, is this just for local server environments or does the module require a subfolder installation when going live????

Also captify is not finding image path with subfolder and no sub folder is this a similar issue as slider?

Cheers
Retard Craig
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Yeah you need to drop the subfolder when it goes live. Unfortunately there is no way around it as far as I can see. The script requires the absolute path and not the relative so we have to create these exceptions for subfolder situations.

I think the text from the captifycontent module is actualluy the alt tag so if you can right click and view the image where is it looking for? Otherwise if you go to images --> view image information in the firefox web developer toolbar it will show you all the images on the page including the ones not loading and give you the path there.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony

I'm struggling a bit to understand how to set up prettybox, is there a tutorial anywhere I can follow?

I'm trying to set up in Wallpaper on my local host. Can i check something with you. Looking at this thread I have set my local host url as http://localhost:8888/beth/ (and beth is the folder in the MAMP installation where i've unzipped joomla 1.5). I've added a folder to images (/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/Beth/images/stories/slideshow) and added 4 images into this folder. I've set the parameters Image Directory (images/stories/slideshow) and added (beth/) to the Subfolder and changed to 'Yes'. Still cannot see images, but I only get 4 blank rectangles on teh front page (banner position). Can you advise please?

Thanks
Paul
  • Paul Hardy
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 56 posts
Hi Paul,

Do you have a trailing slash after the directory path?

If so if you right click on the missing image in firefox and choose view image what path does it display?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony

Yes I have beth/ in the Subfolder (with trailing...) box.
This is the path shown
Error: image does not exist: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/beth/images/stories/slideshowslideshow2.jpg

Cheers
Paul
  • Paul Hardy
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 56 posts
Yep I meant the images folder needs a trailing slash:

Error: image does not exist: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/beth/images/stories/slideshowslideshow2.jpg

Notice there is no / at the end of slideshow ... that should solve it for you.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Ahh, yes I see what you mean. Genius! Thanks it now shows 4 images.

On the demo home page of Wallpaper is the lightbox prettyBox or JB slideshow? If it's prettyBox can you tell me the variable I need to adjust to get one lightbox with the numbers? It will save me hours of trying to figure it out.

Many thanks Anthony. And BTW the Joomla Bamboo templates are very impressive in their design. Cheers
  • Paul Hardy
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 56 posts
Hi Anthony

Sorry but I have an additional question. I have the prettyBox set to open in light box, but (a) the image does not appear, just a white square with the image name, ie slideshow1.jpg, and it appears full screen as opposed to that shown in the example. Would you mind advising me?

Thanks again
Paul
  • Paul Hardy
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 56 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers