Support Forum

• Page:

Introducing Phing

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

In the last week with the help of Jeremy we have locked down a new semi-automated update system for our templates and quickstart packages.

The system uses a Phing packaging script that locks directly into our svn and compiles the quickstart package with the latets Joomla version, the latest version of the JB extensions that it uses, as well as any other extensions plus the sample data and packs it all up nicely for us into a zip.

This system is going to revolutionise the quickstart packages as it will mean that they are always 100% up to date which means no extra work for you to do once it has been installed.

The change means that the naming convention for the quickstarts have changed slightly so that each package will be named like this:

JB_TemplateName_Quickstart_JoomlaVersion_TemplateVersion.

eg
JB_Grid_Quickstart_J1.5.18_v1.0.9.zip

So the version numbers will be jumping around a bit also.

Im going to be rolling out the new packages over the next few days so my hope is thta by early next week all will be up to date.

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Anthony,
This sounds excellent!

One of the -- what's the word -- bothersome tasks for me as a customer is trying to keep track of what version of which extension or template I'm using. I'm saure it's also a hasle for developers to keep tabs on all this.

So anything that makes this easier is good for everyone!

Looking forward to seeing this implemented.

As always, I'm impressed with your work!

Thanks,
Matthew
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Thanks as always for your feedback, Matthew :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers