Support Forum

• Page:

Different Use for Panel/Accordion Menu

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am a new subscriber to the site and really love the templates available. I was looking through a few of the different menu options and was interested in modifying the accordion menu. More specifically i am looking to use it for a restaurant menu, diving the areas into drinks, main courses, etc... with the meals dropping down.

I guess first, and probably the simplest part of the question is if anyone knows in which of the extension's files the information is located to change the structure, font size, location of the text?

Secondly, ive noticed that the only way to set up the accordion menu on the front end is to match it with a respective menu. Since i am looking to have a sentence or two instead of a link, will this have to all be written in somewhere in the html page? Is there a way to do this or is there a better extension anyone could recommend?

Im fairly new to Joomla in general and would appreciate any help! thanks in advance!

jon
  • Jon Wade
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jon,

To answer the first part of your question, all the styling will be located, and editable, in the CSS. Without knowing which template you are using, it is not possible to be more specific.

If you can give us a link to the site, we can guide to exactly the right place in the code to make the alterations you want.

If you don't want the menu items to actually link to something then maybe JB FAQ would be more appropriate. However, it may be best to create an article for each of the (sub)categories of the menu (e.g. cocktails or wines) and then display all of the appropriate drinks on that one page. Otherwise, your site remains pretty static, with only the menu changing. If you are going to show more detail, like a description of a dish, or the price then I think it will be almost impossible to achieve using just the panel menu.

I would suggest creating a range of appropriate categories / sections for the restaurant menu and then putting the content into these.

Otherwise, it would also be very difficult to make quick changes to the offering (a particular wine is out of stock for a week). If you have a content item for that wine, you can just unpublish it.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Thanks a ton, super helpful, and a great extension. Really appreciate the help. Our dining menu is relatively static so not much of a problem for us.

I did have one last quick question. Setting up the menu i am interested in having the text center on the page. When the menu is closed, i have been able to have the headers centralized but once the menu drops down it is off the left. I have tried many times to include differentials of the same closed text. IE,.faqtogglerdiv,.closed {no-repeat;text-align: center;} So i tried including .faqtogglerdiv,.open {no-repeat;text-align: center;} and multiple other variations of this, with no avail. Also, i thought it was interesting that when you click 'read more' at the bottom of the section, it goes to a page where the layout (text centered ) is correct.

It is currently on a local host so i can not send out the link for the site, but if you have any idea on how to solve this problem of centralizing the text in the drop down panel, it would be great! Thanks again for the previous help!

Jon
  • Jon Wade
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
Hi Jon,

Sounds like the module might be stripping the formatting. Depending on how your editor is implementing the centered text you will need to add the markup to the module parameters where you currently see the allowed tags. If you post a snippet of the code (view source) for the area Ill give you a hint.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hey Anthony,

Im not sure if this is what you are referring to but ill give it a shot below. This is the top of the menu taken from the view source option in firefox.

<h3>Menu</h3>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/Joomla_5/modules/mod_jbfaq/faq/faq.css" type="text/css" />

<!--- Close all Open all buttons -->
<a href="#nogo" class="hide">Close All</a> | <a href="#nogo" class="opener">Open All</a>

<div class="faqtogglerdiv">

<a class="faqtoggler" href="#nogo">Beverages</a>
</div>
<div class="answer"> <strong>Draft Beer</strong><strong><br /> </strong>Fat Tire, Sunshine Wheat, Odell’s 90 Shilling, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Newcastle<br /> $3.50 pints, $11.00 pitchers, all $2.00 during happy hour
<br /></br>Budweiser, Coors Light<br /> $3.00 pints, $10.00 pitchers, all $2.00 during happy hour
<br /></br>Guinness<br /> $4.50 pints, $2.00 during happy hour

etc....

Thanks for the help, im new to joomla, much appreciated!

Jon
  • Jon Wade
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
Ah no sorry - can you show me the source from the content item itself. the module is already stripping it.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers