Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Looking for more current template for sites in Intrepid and Inspire

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello -

I am looking to move two sites built in Inspire and in Intrepid to a more current template with the Buildr framework.

I wanted to do this in any case and yesterday also found that T3 breaks in the Inspire site (fatal exception error white page) when updating to Joomla 3.8

I hope to make minmal design changes. Can you make any suggestions as to which Buildr child theme might be the most efficient choice.

Could I transfer a website in Inspire website fairly easily to the new Italian template. It seems to me could do the following things that might work.

1.switch the two background images (wood above and paperlike texture below ) with the Inspire background images
2. add a white background for content articles
3. add a sidebar module style with the ribbon edge on the right
4. make the main navbar background transparent

Thank you for your thoughts.

Sharon
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
"I wanted to do this in any case and yesterday also found that T3 breaks in the Inspire site (fatal exception error white page) when updating to Joomla 3.8"

Do you see any error with max error reporting turned on?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
What Joomla version were you on prior to updating to 3.8?

I'm told there is a glitch generating a white screen if updating from J3.5 ish
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The prior Joomla version was the latest, 3.75 I think. It could be I need a later version of T3

The website uses T3 Framework 2.4.9 and T3 Framework Package 2.1.3

I have another T3 site in the "old" Revision template that uses T3 Framework 2.4.9 but does not have the T3 Framework Package installed.

Could the problem be that the T3 framework package 2.1.3 should not be there?
If it is any help, here are the error messages - they are all related to jmodule helper

[Wed Sep 20 02:05:06 2017] [warn] [client 109.241.208.31] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class JModuleHelper, because the name is already in use in /mnt/data/vhosts/casite-569019.cloudaccess.net/httpdocs/plugins/system/t3/includes/joomla30/modulehelper.php on line 24, referer: sevengenerationsahead.org/administrator/index.php
[Wed Sep 20 02:05:06 2017] [warn] [client 109.241.208.31] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class JModuleHelper, because the name is already in use in /mnt/data/vhosts/casite-569019.cloudaccess.net/httpdocs/plugins/system/t3/includes/joomla30/modulehelper.php on line 24, referer: sevengenerationsahead.org/
[Wed Sep 20 02:05:14 2017] [warn] [client 109.241.208.31] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class JModuleHelper, because the name is already in use in /mnt/data/vhosts/casite-569019.cloudaccess.net/httpdocs/plugins/system/t3/includes/joomla30/modulehelper.php on line 24, referer: sevengenerationsahead.org/administrator/index.php
[Wed Sep 20 02:05:15 2017] [warn] [client 109.241.208.31] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class JModuleHelper, because the name is already in use in /mnt/data/vhosts/casite-569019.cloudaccess.net/httpdocs/plugins/system/t3/includes/joomla30/modulehelper.php on line 24, referer: sevengenerationsahead.org/
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
I am still interested in possibly updating to a Buildr site. This client is interested in possibly making layout changes off and on occasionally that I think a more flexible framework will make easier.
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The framework is a more flexible and faster than the older T3 framework

You should be able to do the changes to italian - the only thing I'm not sure of is the ribbon

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul - I have been wanting to move this client who has frequently wanted major layout changes to a newer template for sometime.

Perhaps a plain color background will work fine or better than the ribbon, especially for mobile traffic.

Sharon
  • ssartjb
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 343 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Sharon,

Italian might be a decent option in that case

The problem with the ribbon is how it is positioned on the page and maybe this could cause problems with social elements in buildr
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The next template we are working on I don't think is relevant

But you can see the work on progress links here

jbwedding.jdevcloud.com/index.php
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
This template was intended to be a one page template only and with two new extensions

We have a new form and countdown extension

I have added basic styling as a plain template with some modules styling added

jbwedding.jdevcloud.com/index.php/news
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The template for October will be a religion based theme
and I don't this will be relevant for your client

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Paul you are a teaser
This just nails it for a client
How long ... pretty please? :blush:
  • Andrew
  • 12 Month basic
  • 509 posts
  • 20 Thanks
For the wedding template this week although we may be a bit later with the documentation as I'm a bit unwell with a virus

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew
The church template should also be released this month

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers