Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

MENU AT top - issue with layout when adding new menu item

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

See attachment. The menu that comes with the template works fine. But if I hide some of the menu items and create my own new ones, they don't line up horizonally - they are vertical.

Can't work out why. Any ideas? Site is not live.
Attachments:
  • Huski
  • 12 Month basic
  • 264 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Do you have a link for the site?

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I get this as well.

How can I give the main menu more width. I am only using 3 social icons as well so that section could be slightly smaller in width as well.

I sort of can find the CSS but no working in custom.css so something wrong. Looks like I can increase percentage width of main menu and reduce width of the socal icons part.

?? Website local at moment.
  • Huski
  • 12 Month basic
  • 264 posts
Can you attach a screenshot of the menu and the source code view for that part of the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Site is not live.

I have created my own menu items, and have also added an icon (ie have the house icon plus word Home, phone icon then word Contact Us.

I have 5 menu items and as there is not enough space it puts the down arrow (for sub menu items) and the icon above and puts the menu item words below that.

Its like the template has been designed with a specific amount of menu items - which is not what is going to be the final menu on anybodies website - you can have less, but you can't have more - restrictive.

I don't need the social media icons at all so if they could be removed (can't find where) then it might work by stretching across the screen further

I might want to put the social icons back later but it will never work if the menu is going to be affected each time.

hope makes sense
  • Huski
  • 12 Month basic
  • 264 posts
Worked it out. Pays to read.

Reduced the social container size to 2 and increased main menu to 7 in the template design style section
  • Huski
  • 12 Month basic
  • 264 posts
Thanks for the update

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers