Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Changes to slideshow-hero possible?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi all,
I like how the intro-text is shown in slideshow-hero but I would like to make a couple of changes to the slideshow.
Is it possible to:
1. remove the title boxes that show below the slideshow and/or
2. make the image similar to backstretch (so it becomes full-page width).

I suppose another option (and I've tried this without success) is to use the backstretch slideshow and then add the intro text, but I don't think there is an option to include intro text with the backstretch slideshow (only the image title - which is not displayed as nicely).

Unless of course there is another slideshow that does support backstretch and into text?

Any suggestions, greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Nick
  • NickMo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 331 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I just remembered that the Colour shift template had a pretty good slideshow and that I managed to cobble something together with Utafiti (somehow adding the slideshow from Colour Shift to the Utafiti template!) that worked.
I think it was a bit of a dogs breakfast to achieve, but possible. Doing that again, but properly/correctly would be another option.
  • NickMo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 331 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Nick,

Are you still looking for help with this?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Did you make custom css changes to the site?

and if you need help can you add a link for the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,
I'll wait to see what the client thinks (he may be happy with the unchanged Utafiti template look).
The question about changing the slideshow was more for me to familiarize myself with the power of your templates and how to harness that power.

There is little info about the hero slideshow and how to make changes to it (that I can find); so perhaps we can start with how to remove the large title boxes below the slideshow...

So, is there a quick way to remove them - perhaps without having to do a custom CSS?

Thanks.
  • NickMo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 331 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Nick,

Not quite sure what you mean

"remove the large title boxes below the slideshow"

Can you add a picture pointing to the area you referring to

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
utafiti-bigboxes.jpg

Paul, it's the blue boxes below the slide show (I've written REMOVE THIS BOX in each one)
  • NickMo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 331 posts
  • 3 Thanks
ah I should have realised

Slideshow hero come with this a feature - it is the same with highline2 which uses the same zentools2 layout

bambootheme.com/showcase/jun16/

To remove these you would need to use an alternate slideshow layout

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
OK, that was an easy solution(?).
Here is something a little more difficult. What if I want to retain the grey overlay and its contents (where it says: Medical Care when You Need it Most...)
The overlay displays the article's Intro text (and retains the text formatting) which is a great feature.
Other slideshows only pull-in the slideshow image Title - which is a little limiting.

So if I were to change to the backstretch slide show (which does not have the blue boxes - so we solved that issue); how can I retain/implement the overlay features from the hero slideshow?

Possible? Perhaps there is a slideshow that does this already?

thanks
  • NickMo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 331 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Sorry Paul, I just went to the highline 2 demo and I quite like that slideshow. Might work for me.
How do I get the look of that slideshow into Utafiti?
  • NickMo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 331 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi

First step is to remove the module class inside the zentools2 advanced settings tab
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Then you probably will need to change the alignment options for both the drag and drop section and the Module layout and settings

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi - I have been asked to make a change to the Utafiti Slideshow Hero by my client.

They've asked me to change the links within the bottom 3 boxes (i.e. the Article Title) from providing a view of the linked slide (as it does by default) to linking directly to the article itself (as the Read More buttons do).

Is there a way of doing this? Thanks...
  • emkt
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 21 posts
Hi,

It would probably be easier to turn off the slideshow navigation and then add some custom html modules underneath it using module classes to get a similar style

utafiti.demo.bambootheme.com/index.php/template-features/module-overview/module-classes

To change it as it is, you would need to create a template override for the slideshow layout and then modify how the links work.

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: emkt

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers