Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Less compiler error when using custom files

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

We are trying to add a custom .less file to the template and had no trouble in the past with any other JoomlaBamboo template doing so.
On Utafiti it will report success but looking into the raw ajax replies from the server, I see this in the first of the three calls:
Less_Exception_Chunk: ParseError: Unexpected input in template-generated.less on line 1, column 20357
1| @primary: #2eaaf5;@secondary: #00bae0;@tertiary: [....]

Simply removing the file from the list will result in the ajax reply being "compiled" and the theme actually updating.

To make sure that the path and permissions are not the cause, I have tried to use absolute (server) paths and given corresponding permissions to the file.

Am I doing something wrong or is there an actual bug here? I started off the quickstart installation.

Sidenote: When switching to the "developer mode" for CSS/LESS it will give me a warning about recursive definitions which I can confirm to exist in variables.less where it defines "@primary" with "@primary".
  • design4you
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 52 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Thanks

I've asked a developer to take a look at this

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Can you just confirm where you added the less file?

Thanks
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for your assistance!

I added the path "d4y/d4y.less" to the template configuration and created the corresponding folder and file in the public_html of the webspace, which corresponds to how it works on other JB templates.

Even when using the absolute server path "/home/username/public_html/d4y/d4y.less" it gives the same message.

The message is identical with the file being empty, the file having content and the file not existing. From experience it should return a "file not found"-kind error when the less-css compiler fails due to the file not existing.

Using the "lessc" compiler on the CLI on the template's file "template-compile.less" works even with my custom file loaded if I give it the corresponding path manually.
  • design4you
  • 52 posts
Can you create a ticket and we can take a look

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ok, I have done so. For reference, ticket id is SUPPORT-R5R0LK352C and backlinks here.

Thank you for your help!
  • design4you
  • 52 posts
Thanks
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers