Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

General Question about different languages.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am on a web design task force for an international society with over 16,000 members. They are thinking of using Kentico for their CMS website..I noticed during the presentation that they use .NET (is that OK?) but more worrisome is that their ability to show content in different languages is very limited. So, I am wondering how would Joomla functionality coupled with your templates handle showing content in different languages? Thanks so much for all of your help.
Elizabeth
  • Elizabeth Wallace
  • 12 Month basic
  • 404 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Elizabeth

Joomla works fine out of the box for multi language sites, both on the front end and backend. It take time and attention to setup initially so you to follow a tutorial carefully the first time you do it. We use it for multi language sites and it is improving all the time.

JB templates, like most templates, are fine. Just note jb templates do not work well with rtl languages, should you need support.

Other than that it is managing the translation process.

From Joomla website

www.joomla.org/core-features.html
Multilingual

Joomla! is the most popular and widely supported open source multilingual CMS platform in the world, offering over 65 languages. Webmasters and content creators can create websites to be presented in multiple languages, without ever needing to step outside of the options available in the Joomla! core software. This is a big step forward and represents a set of capabilities that can make websites much more accessible, reaching out to a much larger audience.
Learn how to set up a multilingual website and the Multilingual Associations Component.

So go try it out, or use an auto translation tool depending on the target market and client's budget. Multi language site are large commitment to do correctly.

Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Thanks Ian

Have a great weekend

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
THANK YOU! Another reason to love Joomla!
  • Elizabeth Wallace
  • 12 Month basic
  • 404 posts
Have a great weekend

I would consider the load placed on the site if you have 16,000 members regarding site performance and hosting

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers