Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Assigned different template, modules not publishing - Buildr

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Friends,
I am working on moving a site from Rasa2 to Buildr. I installed everything, and assigned a new menu to the Buildr template, to work on without bothering the existing site.

The front page rebuild is modules only, and I have created new modules and assigned them to Buildr positions. Nothing publishes. Logo, menu, grids 5, 6, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21, footer

Here is the "new" home page I'm trying to build in Buildr
www.specialed.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75

There has to be a toggle somewhere that I can set so that modules assigned to Buildr positions will publish on pages assigned to Buildr?

I have selected Buildr as the new default on all pages, but maintained Rasa2 assigned to all existing pages until I get it all set up.

To test, I gave the footer grid a background of blue, which publishes, but the footer content, indeed none of the content assigned to modules in Buildr - publishes.

What am I missing? Many thanks! I LOVE Buildr!!!!! Switching everything over!
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi There,

Just checking but I'd work on a replacement site on a different domain - it can go badly wrong using the same domain
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With the page in question is there a menu link on the system?

Without that module assignment will be problematic

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ahh, I think I'll just do it like you suggested, a different domain... That's the easiest and cleanest by far. thanks.
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Yes definitely = members have accidentally damaged live sites when working on new development sites

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers