Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

banner slideshow in buildr / No work with CDN

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

hello! Using buildr with latest zentools2 on my site. Everything in the site lazyloads properly, but the images on the background slideshow and banner slideshow on front page do NOT load from my CDN like the rest of the images on my site. I have read the docs and looked around, but I cannot figure out how to stop them from loading locally and get them to load from CDN instead. Can anyone be of assistance? Site is shown below.

Thank you!
- Jack
- www.photoancestry.com
  • Jack Lesley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 20 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jack,

joomlaseo.com/performance/use-a-cdn-content-delivery-network

With dynamic content you don't normally load it via a cdn

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul I realize that, but these are images in a slideshow. They won't change. They are static. I just want to know what I can do to get the sliders to pickup the content, lazy load, and retrieve from CDN instead of some other location. How can I do that?
  • Jack Lesley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 20 posts
What cdn are you using?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Using MaxCDN
  • Jack Lesley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 20 posts
Thanks

I'll check with a developer to see if this is possible

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi, Paul

Have you been able to figure anything out on this?
  • Jack Lesley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 20 posts
Hi Jack,

I'm not seeing any images loading from maxcdn in the slidshow at the moment.

Are the cdn links also a secure url?

Can you give some example urls to the images from the cdn?

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
None of the background slideshow images are loading from the cdn because I cannot figure out how to make that happen (or how to make them lazy load...it just does not work.

Try the other pages to see what I mean or look at the banner slideshow I am currently using until I can get the Zen one fixed on front page. CDN is 777.photoancestry.com and cdn.photoancestry.com.
  • Jack Lesley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 20 posts
I'm not seeing any issues with the background images loaded from a cdn on this page: www.photoancestry.com/heritage-genealogy.html#gs.44WYYZw
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Does not usually work on front page, and when they are loaded from the CDN, they are all dumped at once (happens the same when I turn the cdn off)... no lazy load at all for the background slideshow. I have lazy loading turned on and I do have another lazyload plugin that works with almost everything except this slideshow. Very finicky about the CDN aspect. Please try on the front page and watch how it loads.
  • Jack Lesley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 20 posts
I have changed nothing. The page you said there were no issues on... /heritage-genealogy.html

As you can see, background slideshow loads all images directly from my site while the rest of the page images are loaded from cdn.photoancestry.com
  • Jack Lesley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 20 posts
The background slideshow adds background images using javascript so they are lazyloaded anyway since they can only be added once the dom is ready.

Lazyload scripts only work on html img tags so you would need to use a different slideshow for standard lazyloading to work.

I misunderstood before, I thought you meant that looking at any other page would show errors with the images not loading.

I assume that whatever you are using to load images from the cdn can also only work on html img tags and not javascript slideshows.

Have you tried manually adding the cdn image links to the module rather than relying on a plugin to change them?
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
You can use the gallery source and manually change the links to the images.
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers