Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Documentation download

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Trying to download the documentation, but it won't unzip correctly errors abound and using latest winzip doesn't work. Please advise, want the documentation so that the install is done per the gospel and not by best guessing.
  • Christine Stansbery
  • 12 Month basic
  • 22 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Are you working alongside the quickstart? - we recommend that as a learning tool

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi

Assuming you are downloading via the GitHub repo?

If so, you really need a local GitHub client, and even then it is not very user friendly for looking at documentation. Paul's suggestion of the quickstart is a better option and the Blankly Styleguide (again qs or online) is a great resource.

If you do download from the GitHub I have unzipped in the past using 7-zip but it is a fairly large file.

Documentation online is the best route for reading real docs.

I hope that explains my understanding of the jb documentation situation.

Regards Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Thanks Ian

I learn by doing and working with the quickstarts - I'm one of those that never reads the manual :)

www.simplypsychology.org/learning-kolb.html

The one thing I remember of being forced to study psychology for a term at university (despite doing computer science and history degree)

"Learning is the process whereby knowledge is created through the transformation of experience"

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers