Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Buildr - Framework Feature Requests/Enquiries - Menus + Stored Layout + Design Modes

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I would like to ask about possible features:

1) Would it be possible to add the 'text-decoration' property to all menu panels in the administration area (maybe not on the mobile menus as it's primarily to use the underline property)?

2) Regarding the 'Navbar Link Background', 'Navbar Link Background Hover', 'Navbar Link Active Background' & 'Navbar Link Active Hover Background' inputs on the 'menu' panel, I wanted to know why all these options aren't also present on 'Sticky Menu' & 'Menu Dropsdowns' (in terms of trying to achieve consistency).

3) Under the 'Layout' tab, you're able to save layouts but why isn't there an option to delete them too (the defaults should be blocked off as they permanent but the new ones users create should be deletable).

4) With so many options, I can understand how this could intimidate users so maybe allow users to switch between a simple & advance design mode (simple mode should hide a fair amount of the design inputs in the template's 'design' tab).

Let me know what you guys think.

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Thanks Aadil,

I'll check with Anthony on Monday

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Aadil,

Thanks for the suggestions.

1. That's best added as custom.css I think. It's the kind of thing I tend to either disable or enable on a site by site basis rather than needing it across every layer of the site.

2. I omitted them because I felt like there were some obvious fallbacks for those areas but I've added them to the tracker and they will appear in the next release. Thanks for the suggestion.

3. Yes quite right - not sure why I left that off. I added it to the tracker.

4. Yes zgf4 had this but I wasn't sold on it. We don't have a way to get feedback on which options people are using but I was thinking the other day that it might be nice to revisit. it wont come in the next release but it may resurface int he future.

Thanks Again.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony/Paul,

Thanks, great to hear. Will your next release be next month when you release a new theme (asking so I may plan going forward)?

4. Yeah, I know how feedback can be pretty important in determining the direction to head in.
I was wondering about this option because I'm sure the majority of users don't use most of the settings, unless they're creating templates, so there's no need to 'intimidate' by giving too many options from a UI perspective.
Guess you'll have to strike a balance between what's hidden and what's not.
Also, since you'll be releasing WP themes soon then I think a simpler UI will suit that market of theme users that want super simple-to-use stuff.

5. I'm also in the process of looking into error 404 pages - curious why you never included one with all your templates (as it'll be way prettier than the standard ugly joomla error page that shows up when pages aren't found)?

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Thank Aadil,

I'll check regarding the 404 and the time frame with Anthony in the morning when he is awake/next on line

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aadil
Hi Aadil,

We are aiming for next week for some template updates - depending how they go
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding the 404 page are you referring to the zgfv5 templates?
As there is a 404 with buildr

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Okay, thanks for the update. Yes, was talking about ZGFv5 but i haven't looked into 404 pages yet - good to know it exists!

Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
I'll keep you posted

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul/Anthony,

I would like to add to this thread...

6) Option(s) to turn off (or modify) the link/button hover transition effect - I don't believe there is a way to do this in the backend?!

I would like to turn this effect off sitewide when hovering menu links as well as general links and buttons (but I'm sure others might want to specify their hover transition times).

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
...in case the above wasn't very clear - I'm referring to removing the delay that happens when hovering.

Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Hi Aadil,

6. I think that's best handled in the custom.css as well. I feel like we have option overload already at the moment and I'm looking at ways to reduce the number of options.

a {transition: 0s all}

Happy to keep hearing your feedback though :)

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Sure, thanks - totally up to you but I thought I'd put it out there so you have an idea of the types of changes I'm implementing (and possibly others too?!?).

Totally agree with there being option overload (that's why I thought design modes might be helpful).

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Aadil.
Hi,

I downloaded the latest Buildr version, 1.3.2, and it fixes the padding issue I posted about in the other thread. However, I don't see the additional options to modify the link hover states for the different menus (that I talked about above...or maybe I'mmissing something).

Below is the mobile menu (with the link hover states/backgrounds I want to modify because it doesn't look right) - I'm not sure if it is possible to modify it in the backend already?:

Screenshot33.png

Screenshot34.png

Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
....I made the css modification regarding the animation and it reminded me about vendor prefixes.

7) I haven't take a look into yout template code but I was wondering if you've implemented vendor prefixes?

Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Hi Aadil,

Sorry for the confusion.

I wont add the general link attribute stuff because I think that's better handled in the css. When I mentioned the release contains fixes for other issues I meant the issue with the position:relative on the control group you mentioned last week.

Re the link hovers for offcanvas and toggle - they are controlled with this hierarchy:

1. Row settings panel - colors eg link hover color
2. Offcanvas color settings in the general panel.

I will change the labels on the offcanvas panel to make this clearer.

We don't use vendor prefixes as all current browsers support transitions and box-sizing:

Here is a good primer:
shouldiprefix.com/#transitions
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Okay sure, thanks for clearing that up. I also thought this release would address the other points above though (excluding links).

I happen to come across that very page and I was wondering more about backward compatibility.

Regards,
Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Ah ok the delete button isn't a minor fix and needs but will be added in the next larger release or when Ive had a chance to look at it.

The navbar stuff will be in that release as well.

For the transitions I think it's an acceptable fallback to have no transition where it's not supported. It's a small part of the feel of the site so I haven't prefixed it. For other stuff like menu transitions etc there is a fallback or prefix support for browsers that dont support them.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aadil
Hi,

Regarding point 5.: (404 error pages), you guys mentioned that Buildr has one.
I can't seem to find it and how would you go about enabling it (as the standard joomla error page pops up on wamp for me)?

Aadil
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Hi Aadil,

Are you using the quickstart or the standard template?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers