Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Backgrounder and zentools2 slideshow

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am totally confounded on how to put a background slideshow into my build template. I have read the forum and see that there is an answer that gives directions for a single image that uses css, and I see another answer that says just put a zentools2 slideshow using the backstretch feature in the background position. That’s what I tried. I’m no stranger to zentools2 but I can only get the thing to show if I open the right hand off canvas “More” button and scrunch up the window so it is very narrow. In which case you can’t read the text.

I’m not making ANY progress on the home page and I’m going nuts even though the interior pages seem to look nice enough. I’m still involved in reading the documentation and fixing some colors and I will have more questions later, but for now if you could please tell me what I’m missing in this backgrounder background slideshow I would be most grateful!!

Here is a link to one of the pages. It is not my production site, but I need this site to become the production site soon for many reasons I won’t bore you with.

www.mainefiberarts.org/newblue/at-the-gallery/directions

Attached are screenshots of how the background slideshow works and doesn’t work.

Thank you!

Carol Jones
Attachments:
  • palominojones
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 265 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Carol,

I think it's related to a javascript error preventing the slideshow from loading.
Could you disable K2 loading jQuery to see if that fixes the issue?
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
To the best of my knowledge I have had K2 not loading jquery for several years. I'm attaching a screen shot of the setting I think is the one you are talking about.

Also came upon a plugin: www.simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/jquery-easy

Do you think this would help?

Are there other plugins that are known to load jQuery that I should check?

Could the pixel value settings for where the screen breaks occur have anything to do with this? There are several places I have noticed them being set and I don't think they are all the same.

Carol
Attachments:
  • palominojones
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 265 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Hi Carol,

In the source code -

<script src="/newblue/media/k2/assets/js/k2.frontend.js?v2.7.0&sitepath=/newblue/" type="text/javascript"></script>

and the error

k2.frontend.js:9 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Also a js error for

www.mainefiberarts.org/newblue/index.php?option=com_jxiforms&view=cron&task=trigger Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (RB Factory::getInstance = Class jxiformssiteviewcron not found)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
We do on occasion recommend query-easy to users - if you are unsure how to fix the k2 error it may be worth a go

Don't install the latest jquery version use an older version

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Screenshot2016-05-2311.15.36.png

I don't have a problem with K2. My problem is with the Zentools2 backstretch slideshow in the "background" module position. I can only get it to show up if the off-canvas righthand sidebar/more button is showing. I have turned on and off loading jQuery in K2 and in the module itself and can't get it to change. There is a screen width where it will show up, but only if I click the "more" button.

About the other errors. I got rid of the joomsaxiforms thing, and if there are jQuery errors with K2, then it is because I keep changing whether to have it on or off or load a local copy, etc. Right now it is not loading with K2 but it is with zentools2. I don't know which is right.

Is there a reason for the slideshow background not to show up like it does on one of your demos? demo.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?theme=apr16

I am so far away from getting anything like this, but I thought I could at least get the background to be there, then worry about the other stuff.

The attachments show the lame home screen with and without the more button clicked. (off canvas showing and not showing)
Attachments:
  • palominojones
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 265 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by palominojones. Reason: sent wrong screen shot
Never mind. I started over and now everything is frigged and I have a hundred other problems. But some other things are starting to make sense. I think. At least I have the slideshow background now.
  • palominojones
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 265 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Sorry to hear that - best of luck with it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers