Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Question about the themes coming with Buildr

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,

first of all, compliments for Buildr, it really looks great. As there was so much news in the blog post, just a question:

The themes like Xero and Base4 come with Buildr and are the ZGF5 versions of these templates, right?

So all I have to do is download Buildr, choose the theme and customize it to update e.g. a website currently running with Base3?

Thanks a lot
  • MaMuster
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 329 posts
  • 10 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Yes that's correct - I would suggest using a development site to customise it on rather than the live site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi
Thanks for your new template build.r its awsome. I try to build a test site with backgrounder theme. Were can i find or how can i add the background module postion for the background slideshow.

thx 4 help
  • marc
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 101 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Thanks Marc,

I'm slowly making my way through the documentation for Backgrounder and the other themes.

The background slideshow is an instance of the Zentools2 module published to the background position.

It uses the slideshow backstretch style and the slideshow height is set to the same height that the overlay is set in the template admin. In this case that would be 100%.

Hope that helps. I'll have the docs completed by Monday or Tuesday with any luck.

Thanks!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
wow such a fast reply! i saw the config of the background zeentools module it in the quickstart. But im confused of the module position background. I can't find or add it in the layout settings in the template.
  • marc
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 101 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Ah yes sorry I see.

Background is a special module and not in the layout tool in the admin.

Plus Ive just seen that the background position isn't in the templateDetails. So if you just write the name of the module "background" in the module position block you will be able to publish it there.

I'll fix this in the next release.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
thx for your effort.
  • marc
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 101 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Thanks Marc,

Good luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: marc
Hi Anthony,

I plan on building on top of (or maybe customizing) your Buildr theme/framework soon but I know that there are issues that may pop up here and there (as seen in your forum - such as the one in this thread).

I was wondering if you have a page on your site, for each template, that indicates the current outstanding issues of the template (I know about your update log but that's used after you actually publish changes)?
If not, could you possibly look at putting one up so that I, and maybe other people as well, have a place to reference so we know what issues to work around while waiting for an update (or maybe even fix ourselves)?

Thanks
  • Aadil
  • 292 posts
  • 13 Thanks
Hi Aadil,

We don't have a page for this as such

I'll check with Anthony on his thoughts about this

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers