Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

slow compile less to css

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I seem not to be getting the 'work completed' signal. if i give it enough time and simply close the template manager while the wheel is spinning, the changes usually (usually) seem to take. (except I can't load the little bit of bootstrap I need.)

J362, Corporation 1.0, other stuff all up to date.

I definitely have some ajax interference in the back end, but not sure where it would be coming from. nonumber perhaps?
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Do you have the admin template installed that you use?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Whatever I downloaded this morning.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
jsnadmin ?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Oh that? I disabled it but cannot uninstall it. edit: mirabile! it's gone now.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by blueshift.
Still having issues with compiling?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
slow, slower, and slowest
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Are you seeing any drag on the timeline in web tools or any error displaying in the console tab?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
This site appears to use a scroll-linked positioning effect. This may not work well with asynchronous panning; see https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Performance/ScrollLinkedEffects for further details and to join the discussion on related tools and features!index.php
http://REDACTED.ORG/index.php [HTTP/1.1 500 ParseError: Unexpected input in template-generated.less on line 1, column 1417 1| @top_area_bg: #222222;@body-bg: #f1f1f1;@primary: #30a4ff;@secondary: #7EAED9;@tertiary: #595959;@border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.1);@text-color: #262223;@heading-color: #262223;@link-color: @tertiary;@link-hover-color: @primary;@stickyleftcolor: @primary;@stickyrightcolor: @tertiary;@btn-primary-color: #ffffff;@btn-primary-color-hover: #ffffff;@btn-primary-bg: @primary;@btn-primary-bg-hover: @secondary;@navbar-default-link-color: #000;@navbar-default-link-hover-color: @secondary;@navbar-default-link-active-color: #fff;@navbar-default-link-hover-active-bg: transparent;@navbar-default-link-hover-active-color: @secondary;@navbar-default-link-active-bg: transparent;@navbar-text-color: #eeeeee;@dropdown-bg: @primary;@dropdown-link-color: #ffffff;@dropdown-link-active-color: #ffffff;@dropdown-link-hover-color: #525557;@dropdown-header-color: @dropdown-link-color;@logo-color: #fff;@logo-hover-color: @secondary;@off-canvas-bg: P3P: CP="NOI ADM DEV PSAi COM NAV OUR OTRo STP IND DEM" 1307ms]
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Are you using a scrolling extension?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
um....not that I can find
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Here's the feedback from chrome. (scroller was in FF. Chrome identifies the Ajax compiler - or interference with same - as the culprit.)
jquery.min.js:4 POST <REDACTED.ORG>/index.php?template=corporation&tmpl=ajax&function=ajax-compiler 500 (ParseError: Unexpected input in template-generated.less on line 1, column 1415 1| @top_area_bg: #222222;@body-bg: #f1f1f1;@primary: #30a4ff;@secondary: #7EAED9;@tertiary: #595959;@border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.1);@text-color: #262223;@heading-color: #262223;@link-color: @tertiary;@link-hover-color: @primary;@stickyleftcolor: @primary;@stickyrightcolor: @tertiary;@btn-primary-color: #ffffff;@btn-primary-color-hover: #ffffff;@btn-primary-bg: @primary;@btn-primary-bg-hover: @secondary;@navbar-default-link-color: #000;@navbar-default-link-hover-color: @secondary;@navbar-default-link-active-color: #fff;@navbar-default-link-hover-active-bg: transparent;@navbar-default-link-hover-active-color: @secondary;@navbar-default-link-active-bg: transparent;@navbar-text-color: #eeeeee;@dropdown-bg: @primary;@dropdown-link-color: #ffffff;@dropdown-link-active-color: #ffffff;@dropdown-link-hover-color: #525557;@dropdown-header-color: @dropdown-link-color;@logo-color: #fff;@logo-hover-color: @secondary;@off-canvas-bg: P3P: CP="NOI ADM DEV PSAi COM NAV OUR OTRo STP IND DEM")
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
stumped? i am.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Have you changed any settings in the template admin?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
not sure what you mean by settings, but i've changed (or tried to change) lots of stuff. a lot of it doesn't stick. where are the ajax and less compilers? would they be on my provider (siteground)? or on a cdn?
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
The error seems to indicate an invalid value adding as setting

What do you have for @off-canvas-bg: ?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
nothing. a color. and i had to do it by custom css
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
If you add a colour value to that input does that make any difference?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Not in this case. Some things work, but a lot of things don't, perhaps they are being parsed after the error. For example, I change the heading font, save....nothing.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Can you open a ticket and reference this thread

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers