Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Background - header image and Logo

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I really like the layout of the Corporation template but like the Venture template, I would like the background image used for the header to rotate between a number of images.

Is this possible?

I have been stuck before with other templates that would have been perfect for websites I needed to create but unable to use multiple images.

Would be good if you had the functionality in all templates to be able to do this.
  • Huski
  • 12 Month basic
  • 264 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Huski. Reason: Update
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Forgot to add - have played around with the logo as well by using my business logo but it doesn't work very well with images - just text.

I have found this with a number of templates with lots of tweaks to try and get my logo in.

Most businesses would want their logo instead of the business name in text - think you really should cater for this in all templates and make it easy to add rectangular and square shaped logos.

Any ideas how I can get my logo (square) on this template - branding is very important.
  • Huski
  • 12 Month basic
  • 264 posts
Hi

With corporation the image covers the entire background of the site not just the header / logo area

I'm not sure how you have the opacity setting (next to the background image setting)
Opacity of main content area overlay (%)

but that may be the reason it looks like its just a header image
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by manh.
Regarding the logo it's difficult to fit all users requirements on this one

If the issue is that the logo is on a solid background colour I'd consider changing the logo / menu row to having the same colour background as the logo using CSS

Also perhaps adjusting the opacity setting for the background

Square logos can be quite problematic as they can look a bit odd dimension wise I've found so I've always tried to get clients to consider tweaking the layout to more rectangle based dimension

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I will pass on your feedback for discussion

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
In returning to your original first question - it isn't possible using the template settings to have a full screen animated slideshow

It would slow the site down a bit

If you are still interested I could ask the developers to see what they say?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Don't really want to tweak a logo we've had for a long time - need to keep the brand consistent. It is a square one so I need to work around that.

The templates appear to always be text based with regards to logos and there is a lot of tweaking to make graphic logos fit the templates. Just think the templates should take into account that many out there want a graphic logo on their site.
  • Huski
  • 12 Month basic
  • 264 posts
Re the background slide show like the Venture Template - its a nice to have but I will think more about it and whether I could get away with it.
Thanks
  • Huski
  • 12 Month basic
  • 264 posts
I'll add this to our feedback system

Are you all ok for now?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Going to play around with it a bit more - try and reduce the height of the Slogan (black band across the top) and make the image more visible at the top (increase the real estate for it) - might help with the logo which appears sitting over the black band and image at the top.
  • Huski
  • 12 Month basic
  • 264 posts
If you need more help please let us know

Good luck with it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers