Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Odd Home page behaviour

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I've had the Ascent2 template working for some time now - and I've been happy with it - but the Home page has never really been right; so I tried to fix it today... and made it worse.

Please have a look here: fruittreemedia.com.au/
You will see that the module positions on the page don't align properly.

The Zentools2 'We create for agribusiness' is published in the 'Above' position, but it seems to spill out of that position.

Then there is the business name, published to the copyright position (see it: almost bottom, right - near Advertisements). It has moved up and almost into the Above position.

And behind the images you will see a Blockquote that is published to the Bottom1 position. Again, it has moved up.

The odd thing is, everything lines up perfectly on the other pages!

Any idea what is causing this strange behaviour on the Home page?
I have 'Hide maincontent on front page' off (when I turn it on, the 'We create for agribusiness' disappears, and the Blockquote and copyright are in the correct positions - but close to the slideshow).

Perhaps it's a javascript conflict? Probably me with the wrong settings somewhere.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Nick
  • NickMo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 331 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Nick,

What version numbers of the template and the zentools2 module do you have installed?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ascent2 is 1.0.1
Zentools2 is 2.3.3
I updated both before posting the query.
This used to be a Grid3 template; and Zentools (1) is available but unpublished. Perhaps some conflict with the module positions between the two templates?
  • NickMo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 331 posts
  • 3 Thanks
I just did a name?tp=1 to see the modules, and the modules appear in the correct place.
Very strange.
  • NickMo
  • 12 Month basic
  • 331 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Nick,

Can you open a ticket and we can take a look

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers