Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

{loadposition slideshow-video}

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Paul,

I have two questions?

1) I am still trying to get my head around the Ascent 2 quickstarter. Under article manager (slideshow), I have seen the following ({loadposition slideshow-video}, {loadposition slideshow1} etc). Where is the link to video or if this is embeded, the iframe (html), where is the url? I dont seem to find how image is linked in (Modules: mod_zentools2). See attached

2) At the home page, The banner (sliding images), I can see the images in media manager. I can also see the (Front Page Backstretch Slideshow) on module manager. But where is the html that link the images?

Thanks
  • Omar
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 19 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
This is the file. Sorry it doesn't take docx format earlier
Attachments:
  • Omar
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 19 posts
Hi Omar,

loadposition is a Joomla core plugin

It works with {loadposition positionname)

If you check the modules in module manager they will be in there

You can filter modules using the type and the moduleid number

To find moduleID view the source and then view for the module in question - I use chrome and inspect element
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
We use loadposition a lot in our quickstart files - it provides the ability to load zentools2 and other module types into the article area

Loading customHTML modules requires an extra option but can also be added
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Create a module and set its position to myposition. myposition can be any value that doesn't conflict with an existing template position.

Type in the position myposition and press enter instead of selecting it from the drop-down list.

Assign the module to All the Menu Items. This will make sure that it always appears, no matter how the visitor got to the article. The module will not show unless you put the command to load the module in an article.

Edit the articles where you want this module to appear and insert the text {loadposition myposition} in the article at the place where you want the module.

docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With the module there are options to link to content

If you open up the module and click options

Under image settings for example it is set to content

This then loads the content selected in the content tab

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
One issue every new users come up against is modules reloading the home page

This when there is no menu link for the page that is being loaded

When this happens create a menu in menu manager with the links but don't publish it as a menu module

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul, I just about work out the images on the home page. I understand how that works and I Manage to change the content of the display slide images. What I still struggle to understand is the {loadposition slideshow-video}. To narrow this down, I opened the "slideshow video" from the module manager, in the option tab, video is displayed on item layout. In the content tab, video is selected from the content category selection. That is all well and clear.

Now when I go to joomla Administrator--> Category manager, I can see video category. when I open it, there is no HTML that link to a video. In fact its blank. This might be a simple question and....

To help answer my question, How can I change the video link to another video?.
  • Omar
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 19 posts
Think possibly two content issues in play here

First

iframes are disabled by default in editors as they deem them a security risk

But in the editor you turn this off so iframes display correctly

Are you using the default Joomla editor? or an editor you installed? e.g. JCE editor for example

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Once Iframes are enabled you should see the iframe content at the width and height it has been added at
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul, Iframe is allowed on my Joomla settings. I have screenshot the issue I am experiencing with step by step detailed instruction. Please see attached.
Attachments:
  • Omar
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 19 posts
Hi Paul,

I think I found the answer, I drag and drop TITLE, FULLTEXT_IMAGE and FULLTEXT on slideshow video option on module manager just to see the title of the video. I notice that these are (kelly Slater, Joel Parkinson and Taj Burrows) on article manager. Wow, that took me a while. Thanks for all your assistance. I am enjoying this quickstarter pack :)
  • Omar
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 19 posts
ah excellent

Glad you are enjoying the process :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers