Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Changes to Medica template - background images for the menu (navwrap) and banner/slideshow section

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey Paul and co,
Hope you are having a great beginning of the week.
I need your eagle css eyes.
I am converting an old 2.5 Joomla site (as you probably remember). You advised me to use the Medica template, but the previous web designer set up the slideshow on the home page in a strange way and I am wondering if there is a better way to do it. See the home page of lifeprocess.dk where the menu and the banner/slideshow area merge. It looks like she cut one image in two, into sky and ocean and placed them in two different sections of the template. What would you recommend I do using the Medica template? In this template the menu is actually set up differently, so I can't just stick a background image in there. I hope you have some bright ideas. If I need to hire you, I'd be happy to do that too, because I don't have much time to fiddle with it.
The new template is here: www.lifeprocess.dk/new/
Thank you for all that you do! Really appreciate it.
Love
Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Nya,

Have you tried working with the backstretch module and setting the height to match the older site?

Perhaps copying the two images to make one image

#bannerwrap.image {
background: url(/images/texture/bg.jpg) repeat-x scroll 0% bottom transparent;
}

#navwrap {
background: url(/images/texture/lifeprocess-top.jpg) repeat-x scroll 0 0;
}

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Can I hire you Paul or someone else at Joomlabamboo to finish styling the slideshow banner area, the menu and the grid (zen tools) just below the slideshow banner, so it looks identical to the ecospirit template? Let me know how I go about it. Thanks.
Love
Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Nya,

I will ask on this and get back to you

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry Nya

Are you still looking for a quote for this

my internal message/email got missed :(
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I actually sent Robert a lengthy email (I thought I did anyway) asking for help on how to make the template work like the demo site shows. And I wrote very specific details and now I can't see that they were sent at all. Well, I will try and repeat again. First of all, I decided I am going to work with the template and its features rather than try to copy what the other designer did. She didn't like it herself. :-) There are two things that aren't working and I don't know how to style it to work. lifeprocess.dk/new

1) home page slideshow and menu - right now when I first call up the home page it looks like the lifeprocess.dk-banner-area-first-view.jpg image (not how I want it to look) when I scroll down a bit and then up, it looks much better. This is how I want it with the menu across slightly transparent and the sky showing in the top part of the site. See image lifeprocess.dk-banner-area-how-I-want-it-to-look.jpg. How can I make work as the demo site? Can you see what is messing it up? I have used the stretch slideshow and put text in the extra banner position.

2) I would love to be able to put the fontawesome into the zentools 2 (4-grid just below banner area) so the read more buttons look like the old site (lifeprocess.dk home page) on top of the image. Also would love for the images in the grids to stretch to the edge as well. Can you tell me how to do that? See image zentools-4-grid.jpg and zentools-4-grid-readmore-button.jpg.

Thanks.

Nya

File Attachment:

File Name: lifeprocess-screenshots.zip
File Size: 330 KB
  • Nya Fleron
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hey Paul,

So I figured out most of it myself. Just one last question... the titles in the 4-grid area. I want the size to be what it is now, but I had to change the primary-row class, which affects a lot of different areas, which was not my intent. I want the titles to change size to 1.5em, color:#33aba9 and title to be centered.

.primary-row a {
color: #33aba9 !important;
font-size: 85%;
}

So ideally I don't want to use this class, should I instead create my own custom style for the module (which seems a little overkill) or am I missing something obvious? Thanks.

Happy weekend to you.
Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Nya,

sorry we've been a bit behind the curve with this thread

we are looking at the 4 grid area and with it using a zentools module it has a unique ID e.g

#zentools512 a {
color: #33aba9;
font-size: 85%;
}

Should do the trick

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by manh.
Hi Paul,

Hope you are enjoying the holidays. I never got the css you gave me to work, but my client doesn't seem to mind, so I have left it alone for now. However, I do have a critical css issue, when I log in on the frontend of the site and want to make changes to articles. The edit buttons are not showing its text in white so you can't see which is which (see attached screenshot), though I have added the color white in all the places I could see. It looks like the font awesome css is overriding whatever I add in custom css. Any chance you can help?

Whenever I put in something with .fa, it doesn't even show up as a custom css in Firebug. For instance I have entered span .fa a {
color: #ffffff !important;
}
into the custom css but I can't see it come up in firebug.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Nya
Attachments:
  • Nya Fleron
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
I have another question. I am working on the responsive side of the site now: lifeprocess.dk (it's gone live now). And my language switcher is not showing in the responsive version from size 1000px and down. Is there a setting in the backend, or a css I can do for it show up on smaller devices? Btw, the language switcher is located in the top4 module position.
Thanks.
Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Nya,

On the final sprint - 10 pizzas to make for the family tomorrow and all the cooking is done

Can you try adding

.edit .btn-group {font-size:inherit;}
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Also you may need this

.edit .form-group {
margin-bottom: 0px;
}

I'm looking at a quickstart I installed locally
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
10 pizzas that is impressive.

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. The first css style worked. I would never have known it had to do with font-size.
Any ideas on my second issue about the language switcher module?

Thanks again.
Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Nya,

With the other issue

I think I need to have a think about it
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers