Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Something i don;t get about megamenu

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

At the dev link, i've tried all possible combinations of getting the dropdown to render those images and titles in three or two columns. Images are 100x60 in zentools (which right now has four linked items, eventually 6.)

--> dev link <-- hover over 'gallery'

Can you tell what I'm messing up? I've done this in T3 and this seems like it should be similar.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sorry about the delay on this - I was trying this and spotted a different issue and got sidetracked

I will check as soon as I'm back in my office

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
(edit: currently my zen menu tab is set to 2 columns, though I am only getting one.) I was trying to get to this:

megamenu_2015-10-01.jpg
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by blueshift.
You have the right settings to create a two column layout but I think the zentools css is messing with the display.

I've added this to the tracker and will have a fix on Monday for you.

Thanks!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
You would need to make that item full width in order to have the display make more room for the items as well.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I think there are some zentools conflicts in the display (particularly fade to white), which i could code out in custom css. But I found the documentation to be a little unclear in places and was able to produce a good result by piecing together bits of documentation from the ZG4 and Ecolife documentation pages.

--> dev link looks good <--

zgmenu-looking-even-better.png
Attachments:
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by blueshift.
Can I just check what bits you found unclear?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
(FYI Client is thrilled! And I think this is one awesome build from JB.)

Perhaps we could add a box diagram showing what gets nested where and what gets grouped would be ideal - the key turn of phrase for me was in the Ecolife documentation. I'm a visual guy handicapped by an IQ the same as my belt size (inches). I don't get any of this stuff. :blink:

I assume zenmenu ignores the column settings in zentools?

One feature request for zen menu, would be to lock the column title div, even when not displaying the title. (In my example, I have titles on cols 1 and 3, but wanted a single grid) I added some code in custom css to do this but it will probably break down somewhere along the line.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by blueshift. Reason: imagine going through life with English as your second language...but not having a first.
Yes that site looks amazing - thanks :)

I will be releasing an update in the next few days and will have better support for zentools in the menus there.

Making column titles stick might get a little complicated. Do you have an example of what you mean?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers