Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zentools2

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I am using the slideshow layout on my website.
www.rpsb.us/ranay - I am using your boost template.

I am setting the site up to move to one of my schools, but i do not allow the web person to add modules or move them, they basically just post articles and slides.

I was wondering is there a way to add a article to the "intro text" part of that photo so they could create the articles to go with the slides instead of having to give them access to edit the module.

I am hopefully going to set the show up where it just pulls slides from a folder.
- see the picture below as to where I want the article to show up and once again here is my non production website (see red square)
and here is website www.rpsb.us/ranay as always don't fall over in laughter :-) at my "abilities" but yall do make it much easier even for us who know less (thank you)
Attachments:
  • Ranay Lozada
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 21 posts
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by manh.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi There

Can you not select content to load by category? - so any new article is automatically published

and use the sort order to publish the most recent article? - so over time articles drop off the slideshow
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With the slideshow are you connecting it to content?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
sorry got caught up in running from a hurricane :-) I am using the gallery one because I wanted the slideshow as well. Can you suggest one I should use, I want them to be able to easily drop photos in and articles and the articles don't necessarily have to reflect the photos
  • Ranay Lozada
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 21 posts
Hi Again

With "I am using the gallery one"

I'm not quite sure what you mean - are you using the gallery content source?

With having text and articles displaying in the slideshow it means an article based content source or a gallery source (the gallery source would require access to module manage)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers