Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Articles not showing

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

On

calmschools.branchoutwebsites.com/index.php/workshops

have 2 similar copies of a module. One has content selected by category - in this instance one article out of the two articles in that category - is showing. I have selected Count = 2 in the module settings.

On the other copy of the module I have selected to display items instead of content and then I've selected to display the SAME article that displays in the other copy of the module. It won't show. I just don't understand why the module (which is a copy of demo content module) will display some articles but not others.

Any ideas?
  • jonburdon
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 860 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Are the articles both published?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Both articles are published.

In the first module you can see there should be 2 articles from one category on display. Only now shows.

In the second instance of the module it's exactly the same article that you can see in the above module that should be showing again (just chosen via items -> Article title rather than content -> Category.) This time you can't see it.
  • jonburdon
  • 860 posts
can you attach a screenshot of the non functional module
drag and drop and content section

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The drag and drop section is identical for both modules on that page - see attached.

The top module isn't functioning because it should show two articles.

The bottom module isn't functioning because it should show one article (the same article that is actually being displayed correctly in the top module?!!)

I actually had the same error when I installed the quickstart template and just changed the source folder for the this module content with no other changes to the quickstart settings. Immediately it showed some articles but not others - as if it was selectively showing just some of the articles that it should be displaying.

temp.png
  • jonburdon
  • 860 posts
Think it might be best if you create a ticket

Naming the modules in question and marking for Paul

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
OK
  • jonburdon
  • 860 posts
thanks
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers